- 1 (person) to be a heavy/light sleeper tener* el sueño pesado/ligero we're lucky with the baby, he's a good sleeper hemos tenido suerte con el bebé, duerme muy bienMore example sentences
- As a light sleeper, I can only struggle now to find better ear-plugs, or hope to sleep with my window forever open and get used to the outside noises as well.
- I'm usually a light sleeper in unfamiliar situations, so it's not surprising that I would be a little jumpy.
- He came through the front door and was surprised that she still didn't come to, since she was a light sleeper.
- 2 [Railways/Ferrocarriles] 2.1 (berth) litera (f), cama (f) 2.2 (sleeping car) coche (m) cama, coche (m) dormitorio (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) 2.3 (train) tren (masculine) con coches camas or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) coches dormitorioMore example sentences
- A special sleeper train service had been put on; it pulled into York station at 3.32 am, and deposited excited royalists at King's Cross at 7.39 am.
- The £465 per person price includes seven nights' hotel accommodation, one night on a sleeper train, breakfast each day and the services of an experienced guide.
- He caught a sleeper train from Cairo to Aden in The Yemen.
- 3 (on track) [Railways/Ferrocarriles] durmiente (masculine) or (Spain/España) traviesa (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- At the same time, the elimination of the sleeper berths would mean that a daylight passenger configuration of 21 to 24 seats could be planned.
- In this case, existing landscape determined the form of the track, not the other way around, and great attention was paid to the design of rails, sleepers and trains to reduce noise.
- Supplies such as ballast, rails and sleepers are moved to the site by train.
- Trains, protected by railway sleepers and metal plates, were used - also in the Franco-Prussian war when four were fitted out to defend Paris during the siege.
- 4 4.1 (unexpected success)producto que resulta ser un éxito inesperado 4.2 (in bill, contract)cláusula que tiene efectos inesperadosMore example sentences
- Just as the initial comic book issue became a sleeper success, so too has the silver screen Spider-Man.
- The film was a sleeper hit and even spawned a low-budget sequel.
- Avoiding a quiet sleeper of a film like this merely deprives you of an exciting movie experience.
- 5 (earring) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) arete (m) or aro (m) or (Spain/España) pendiente (masculine) (en forma de bolita) tornillo (masculine) (Uruguay)More example sentences
- There was a brief twinge of pain as she squeezed a sleeper through the needle hole.
- The man was also wearing a 9ct gold necklace and a gold sleeper earring in his left ear.
- She clicks on the customer list, pulls up the database of 13,000 stock items, checks availability and starts adding in quantities for rings, studs and sleepers.
- 6 (spy)espía que no entra en actividad hasta pasado cierto tiempoMore example sentences
- A staple of the Cold War espionage novels that used to populate best-seller lists was the sleeper agent.
- He was inserted as a sleeper agent five years ago.
- Since Vladimir Putin, a former KGB officer, took the helm in the Kremlin, Russian intelligence networks in central and western Europe have been rebuilt and secret service sleepers activated.
- 7(sleepers plural)(American English/inglés norteamericano) [Clothing/Indumentaria] pelele (m), osito (m) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur)More example sentences
- Take one pair of child's sleepers and soak it in warm water.
- Knitted fabrics, such as those used in T-shirts, sweatshirts, infant sleepers and sportswear, are examples of unstable fabrics.
- Now I want to give you a description, I know we put the picture up, but the little boy has black hair, brown eyes, and he was last seen - there he is right there - wearing a red sleeper.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.