Translation of sleeve in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of garment) manga (feminine) long/short sleeves mangas (feminine plural) largas/cortas to roll up one's sleeves arremangarse* to have sth up one's sleeve [colloquial/familiar] tener* algo planeado to keep sth up one's sleeve reservarse un recurso I'm sure she's got a trick up her sleeve estoy seguro de que algo se trae entre manos I still have a card up my sleeve todavía no me he jugado la última carta, todavía me queda una baza observe, ladies and gentlemen, there is nothing up my sleeves como ven, damas y caballeros, nada por aquí, nada por allá to laugh up one's sleeve reírse* disimuladamente de algn they were laughing up their sleeves at us entre ellos se reían de nosotrosExample sentences1.2 (of record) (British English/inglés británico) funda (feminine), carátula (feminine) inner sleeve funda (feminine) interior
Example sentences1.3 [Technology/Tecnología] manguito (masculine)
- Cut the garment neckline, sleeves and lower edge to the desired finished length.
- And the flared sleeve dress shirt and strapless dress combo is just unusual enough to be interesting but not weird.
- Today, he wore black slacks and a very light blue dress shirt, sleeves rolled up past his elbows.
- But she doesn't regret turning down the offer to design the album sleeve.
- This state of flux in the music industry means that graduating and going into record sleeve design is probably going to be difficult.
- Our CDs are packaged using the exact artwork of the original album in our custom LP style cardboard sleeves.
- The width adjusts hydraulically, and cylinders and return sleeves are protected by steel oversleeves.
- Paperboard cartons and sleeves are used to enclose plastic tubs.
- The carrier is a sleeve that encloses bearings and seals intended to prevent water from entering the sterndrive housing at the drive shaft.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.