Translation of sleeve in Spanish:
- 1 (of garment) long/short sleevesmangas (feminine plural) largas/cortasto roll up one's sleevesarremangarseto have something up one's sleeve [colloquial]tener algo planeadoto keep something up one's sleevereservarse un recursoI'm sure she's got a trick up her sleeveestoy seguro de que algo se trae entre manosI still have a card up my sleevetodavía no me he jugado la última cartaobserve, ladies and gentlemen, there is nothing up my sleeves
todavía me queda una bazacomo ven, damas y caballeros, nada por aquí, nada por alláto laugh up one's sleevereírse disimuladamente de alguienthey were laughing up their sleeves at usentre ellos se reían de nosotrosExample sentences
- Cut the garment neckline, sleeves and lower edge to the desired finished length.
- And the flared sleeve dress shirt and strapless dress combo is just unusual enough to be interesting but not weird.
- Today, he wore black slacks and a very light blue dress shirt, sleeves rolled up past his elbows.
- 2 (of record) (British) inner sleevefunda (feminine) interiorExample sentences
- But she doesn't regret turning down the offer to design the album sleeve.
- This state of flux in the music industry means that graduating and going into record sleeve design is probably going to be difficult.
- Our CDs are packaged using the exact artwork of the original album in our custom LP style cardboard sleeves.
- 3 (Technology)Example sentences
- The width adjusts hydraulically, and cylinders and return sleeves are protected by steel oversleeves.
- Paperboard cartons and sleeves are used to enclose plastic tubs.
- The carrier is a sleeve that encloses bearings and seals intended to prevent water from entering the sterndrive housing at the drive shaft.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.