Translation of sleeve in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of garment) long/short sleevesto roll up one's sleevesmangas (feminine plural) largas/cortasto have something up one's sleeve [colloquial]arremangarseto keep something up one's sleevetener algo planeadoI'm sure she's got a trick up her sleevereservarse un recursoI still have a card up my sleeveestoy seguro de que algo se trae entre manosobserve, ladies and gentlemen, there is nothing up my sleevestodavía me queda una bazato laugh up one's sleevecomo ven, damas y caballeros, nada por aquí, nada por alláthey were laughing up their sleeves at usreírse disimuladamente de alguienentre ellos se reían de nosotrosExample sentences1.2 (of record) inner sleeve
funda (feminine) interiorExample sentences1.3 (Technology)
- Cut the garment neckline, sleeves and lower edge to the desired finished length.
- And the flared sleeve dress shirt and strapless dress combo is just unusual enough to be interesting but not weird.
- Today, he wore black slacks and a very light blue dress shirt, sleeves rolled up past his elbows.
- But she doesn't regret turning down the offer to design the album sleeve.
- This state of flux in the music industry means that graduating and going into record sleeve design is probably going to be difficult.
- Our CDs are packaged using the exact artwork of the original album in our custom LP style cardboard sleeves.
- The width adjusts hydraulically, and cylinders and return sleeves are protected by steel oversleeves.
- Paperboard cartons and sleeves are used to enclose plastic tubs.
- The carrier is a sleeve that encloses bearings and seals intended to prevent water from entering the sterndrive housing at the drive shaft.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.