Translation of slender in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-derer, -derest)
- 1.1 [person/figure] delgado, esbelto; [waist/neck] fino, delgado; [pillar/stalk] finoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 [means/resources] escaso, exiguo; [majority] estrecho; [hope] remoto by a slender margin por un estrecho margen she has only the slenderest chance of winning sus posibilidades de ganar son mínimas
- This feline image was enhanced by her painted nails and thin slender body.
- Her slender body seemed thinner then before and she had wrinkles on her skin.
- Her slender body glided gracefully, never once bending the weakened branches.
- Sibling growth units in equivalent positions tended to have a more slender stem for N. dombeyi than for N. pumilio.
- He reaches over and picks up the slender rod he plans to use to simulate a rapier.
- What gives it panache is the way the flower teeters on its ridiculously long, slender stem.
- By a slender majority of four to three, the High Court bought the argument.
- This may seem a somewhat slender basis for distinguishing this type of reference from a mere promise to negotiate.
- The US House of Congress, which holds a slender Republican majority, will decide which slate of electors to accept.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.