Translation of slick in Spanish:
adjective slicker, slickest
- 1 1.1 (superficial)(book/program)
ingenioso pero insustancialExample sentences1.2 (person) (glib)
de mucha labia(clever) hábil(reply)
- Don't be fooled by the slick advertising and deceptively impressive hardware and launch titles.
- Far from being slick and superficial, it is, he says, a natural empathy with the listener which wins their sympathy and support and shows the best side of the politician.
- But this effort is based on action, not slick advertising.
fácilExample sentences1.3 (professional, smart)
(performance/production)he's a slick dresser
- Today's pirates are slick professional operations filling Britain's airwaves with everything from street music to extreme political messages.
- Py's stagecraft, with its rolling trolleys, red curtains and golded frames like religious icons, is slick and efficient, but not dazzling.
- Brazil's slick passing game gathered pace, helped by Turkey's defensive errors, but the score was unchanged at halftime.
muy logrado or pulidoviste con mucho estiloExample sentences
- He was tall with black, slick hair and brown eyes.
- Maria soon returned with her father, a burly man with a curled black mustache and slick hair.
- His straight slick hair shone like silver in the moonlight.
- 2 2.1 (slippery) (US)Example sentences2.2 (glossy)
- The few other people that were there watched in confusion as he soared across the slick surface and crashed into the wall.
- We get out and shuffle cautiously on the slick surface.
- It skidded across the slick surface and fell off the other side with a sickly thunk.
lacio y brillante
- 1 (smooth patch)superficie (feminine) resbaladizaalso: oil slickExample sentences
- There was an oily slick on top and far too many noodles, flabbily over - cooked.
- Blot the whole lip area again and top with a slick of gloss.
- If you do feel your blood pressure starting to rise, simply slap on a slick of stress-relieving peppermint oil lip gloss.
- 2 (Motor Vehicles, Sport)neumático (masculine) sin dibujoExample sentences
- He didn't have much time in the car before the race and going out on slicks in those conditions was a real test,’ reckoned Lockie.
- This produced frantic activity on the grid as drivers decided whether to stay with wet tyres or change to slicks.
- It's never much fun driving over snow or ice on slicks, although I have gained a lot of experience and confidence in this sort of situation.
- to slick one's hair downalisarse el pelohis sleek, slicked-back hairsu pelo lacio y brillante peinado hacia atrásExample sentences
- Her straight chin length black hair was slicked back with water, and ended at the back of her neck.
- The water had slicked back Jess's hair, exposing the garish black-stitched scar by her left temple.
- His hair was cutely slicked back; his eyes were bright and glossy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.