Translation of slog in Spanish:
noun/nombre[colloquial/familiar] (no plural/sin plural)
- 1 (struggle, toil) it was a long slog up the hill subir la cuesta fue un gran esfuerzo or nos ( or les etc) costó mucho we've got a long slog ahead of us tenemos un largo y arduo camino por delanteExample sentences
- ‘It's hard, work, a hard slog and I wish you the best of luck,’ said Mr Miller.
- I'm working with you everyday to get those chubby legs of yours to assume more responsibility, but this is a hard slog as your are so very stubborn.
- ‘It is marvellous to see something like this coming together after so many years of a hard slog,’ she said.
- 2 (blow) golpe (masculine) he gave the ball a hard slog bateó ( or pateó etc) la pelota con fuerzaExample sentences
- Bichel went to tea on 45 not out with a series of arrow-straight slogs, and brought up his maiden Test fifty straight after tea with a driven single off Banks.
- I've got past my horrendous slog in the first innings, so we'll be trying hard.
- A couple of slogs by Sami then happened and he was caught plumb in front by Kumble.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-gg-)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-gg-)
- golpear to slog it out (fight to the end) luchar hasta el final (fight) pelear a puñetazos they were slogging it out on the street estaban peleando a puñetazos en la calle they're slogging it out for control of the market están luchando todo lo que pueden por conseguir el control del mercado
slog awayverb + adverb/verbo + adverbio (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] sudar tinta [colloquial/familiar], trabajar duro (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.