Translation of slope in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (sloping ground) a steep/gentle slopethe slippery slopegambling set her on the slippery slope to ruinuna cuesta empinada/poco pronunciadathey are on the slippery slope to bankruptcyel juego fue su perdiciónExample sentences1.2 (of mountain)
Example sentences1.3 (for skiing)
- Before my gaze was a misty, lush forest, falling away in steep slopes and verdant levels to a hidden valley below.
- The engineers prepared a mesh surface on the southeast slope to enable equipment to be winched to the top of the hill.
- Cromarty indicated that was not his intention, but that his intention was that the entire surface have a gentle slope towards the center where the water would then drain to the catch basin.
cancha (feminine) de esquí (Southern Cone)
- Down and down, we went, like a wild ride through a city alley, block after block, with windswept, rocky mountain slopes on either side.
- It just stays on the valley floor, sometimes crossing snow bridges to avoid side hills and obvious avalanche slopes.
- Skiers will only be allowed access to the downhill skiing slopes, while non-skiing visitors will be confined to the Ptarmigan centre.
- 2 countable or uncountable (incline, angle) holding a rifle at the slope (British English)con el rifle al hombroExample sentences
- We chose to do our dendrochronological work with pitch pine and Virginia pine to increase our chances of detecting site differences at the two slope positions.
- The interaction between branch position and sapling height was used to test for differences in slopes among branches in different positions.
- The slopes between eye position and interaural sound pressure level ratios were not different from zero.
- (road)slope arms! (British English) (Military)construir en decliveExample sentences
- The land on either side of the road sloped down and away, giving way to rows of trees on both sides, and a healthy expanse of grass.
- Mr. Garbutt acknowledged that the brick ties should have been at an absolute minimum horizontal but preferably sloped down at an angle from the block to the brick.
- Orlan studied the left wall, which was the largest since the ceiling sloped down to the right side of the room, evidently having occurred because of pressure from above.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to