Translation of sly in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 (cunning) you're a sly one¡qué pillo eres!on the sly
¡eres un zorro!a escondidas
a hurtadillasExample sentences
- Those raised in urban Western understanding of the psychology of the animal kingdom tend to view the fox as a cunning, sly, deceitful animal.
- She was a rather cunning and sly teenager by nature, accented by her narrow brown eyes and usual smirk.
- When Chinese describe a person as ‘a monkey’, it means the person is extremely sly or cunning.
- 2 (roguish)Example sentences
- He couldn't resist what appeared a sly dig at the directors of Dundee, suggesting that by refusing to accept his offer to invest, they were willing to risk their club's financial well-being.
- He seems touched but then can't resist having a sly dig at himself by pointing out that the really tender thing to have done would have been not to include it on the album.
- Stan nodded conspiratorially, a sly grin creeping over his face.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.