Translation of smile in Spanish:
- a welcoming smileto give somebody a smileuna sonrisa de bienvenidashe gave him the sweetest of smilessonreírle a alguiencome on! give us a smile! he had a smile on his face when he said thatle sonrió muy dulcementele dedicó la mejor de sus sonrisashe had a big smile on his facelo dijo sonriente or con una sonrisa en los labiosthe good news certainly put a smile on her facesonreía de oreja a orejatake that smile off your facepor cierto que la buena noticia la alegró muchowe'll soon wipe that smile off your face¡déjate de sonrisitas!she had a bit of a tantrum but now she's all smiles againse te van a acabar pronto las ganas de reírle dio una rabieta pero ya está otra vez que es un encantoExample sentences
- His shimmering bright blue eyes glittered at me from a tanned face, a warm smile showing a row of white teeth.
- We're also researching how to interpret facial expressions - smiles and frowns - and how to read eyes.
- She gave him the winning smile, which now crinkled her middle-aged face.
- 1.1 smile, please!what are you smiling about?sonríe, por favorkeep smiling!¿a qué viene esa sonrisa?to smile with joy/pleasure¡que no decaiga el ánimo!to smilesonreír de felicidad/placer
atsomebodyto smilesonreírle aalguien atsomethingshe smiled at her daughter's prankshe smiled at dangerveía con indulgencia las travesuras de su hijato smilese reía del peligro onsomebodyfortune/Heaven smiled on ussonreírle aalguiento come up smilingla fortuna/el cielo nos sonrió or nos fue favorable1.2salir bien paradoalso: smiling present participle(face/eyes/person)Example sentences
- The auntie in front turned back and smiled at me while I smiled back sheepishly.
- His eyes twinkled and when he smiled, his teeth looked bigger and whiter than ever.
- He looked me straight in the eyes and smiled, showing a mouth only half full of teeth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the