Translation of smoky in Spanish:
adjective -kier, -kiest
- 1 (emitting smoke)(fire/fireplace/chimney)
que echa humo
- To locals and a growing number of outsiders, Pittsburgh no longer conjures up images of smoky factories turning out millions of tons of steel.
- Another unforeseen bit of business: yuppies started paying half a million for a condo on the canal, right next to the smoky old factory.
- There are people bustling on the market, horses and carts, trams and smokey factories to name but a few.
- 2 (like smoke)(taste/flavor/tang)there was a smoky haze over the fields
como a ahumadohabía una neblina que parecía humo sobre los potrerossmoky blueazul (masculine) grisáceoExample sentences
- Now that I had chance to see her eyes closely I realized that they were not the dark blue I had first thought but a smoky violet colour.
- It's very special because the foliage is a lovely smokey brown colour, which contrasts delightfully with the apricot yellow flowers.
- I drove east, towards my home, but kept looking back in my rear view mirror at the brown, smoky haze filling the sky.
- It was served with a gratin of potatoes and cabbage scented with smoky lardoons of bacon and a carafe of outstanding wine from the Juraçon.
- Vegetables cooked on the grill develop an irresistible sweet and smoky taste.
- Sour cream and smoky chipotle peppers in adobo sauce add a complex, fiery layer unique to a traditional party dip.
- 3 (full of smoke)(room)
lleno de humo(atmosphere)
cargado de humoExample sentences
- The smoky, oniony smell of the fair already filled my lungs.
- The old image of snooker is of seedy, smoky, dimly-lit halls filled with sallow-complexioned men, pint in one hand, cigarette in the other as they wait their turn at the table.
- There's probably more, I'm sure, but I'm tired, and I have to shower and clean off the smell from smoky bars so that I can rest.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.