- 1 [colloquial, pejorative/familiar, peyorativo] (person) individuo de mucha labia, de modales muy pulidos y/o muy atildado en el vestirMore example sentences
- He was a suave smoothie who sang about relationships with a mixture of wisdom and regret.
- So this centre offers the delicious prospect of a group of Tories, backed by the realistic and Labour-voting working class, in passionate opposition to the irresponsible metropolitan smoothies within their own party.
- No doubt George Clooney, Pierce Brosnan and other smoothies will pester their agents to get the part, while old-timers like Omar Sharif might see it as a suitable way to round off a long career.
- 2 [Cookery/Cocina] (fruit drink) smoothie (masculine)More example sentences
- It is fully equipped to make ice cream drinks, frozen fruit smoothies and coffee drinks.
- Since we had 40 minutes to spare before dinner, we went to a Vienna Beef shack not far from the campus, and enjoyed strawberry and banana smoothies that really cooled us off in the balmy early spring evening.
- I went round to my 80-year old neighbour's last year, and threw out all her gin bottles and filled her fridge with organic smoothies, much better for her really.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)