- 1 [colloq & pej] (person) individuo de mucha labia, de modales muy pulidos y/o muy atildado en el vestirMore example sentences
- He was a suave smoothie who sang about relationships with a mixture of wisdom and regret.
- So this centre offers the delicious prospect of a group of Tories, backed by the realistic and Labour-voting working class, in passionate opposition to the irresponsible metropolitan smoothies within their own party.
- No doubt George Clooney, Pierce Brosnan and other smoothies will pester their agents to get the part, while old-timers like Omar Sharif might see it as a suitable way to round off a long career.
- 2 [Culin] (fruit drink) smoothie (m)More example sentences
- It is fully equipped to make ice cream drinks, frozen fruit smoothies and coffee drinks.
- Since we had 40 minutes to spare before dinner, we went to a Vienna Beef shack not far from the campus, and enjoyed strawberry and banana smoothies that really cooled us off in the balmy early spring evening.
- I went round to my 80-year old neighbour's last year, and threw out all her gin bottles and filled her fridge with organic smoothies, much better for her really.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.