- 1 (difficulty) I don't see what the snag isno veo cuál es el inconveniente or el problemaif you run into any snags, let me knowsi tienes algún problema or tropiezas con alguna dificultad, házmelo saberExample sentences
- However the Government's plans to address the problem have hit a snag, with the newly appointed coordinator quitting before his job has even begun.
- When he was discharged in 1946, he began arranging for Harry James, but his career hit a snag when bebop, an intellectual genre that he rebuffed, became the rage.
- The Times-Metro deal hit a snag in January, when the Justice Department announced it was investigating possible antitrust ramifications.
- 2 (in fabric, stocking)Example sentences
- You need to point out to your cleaner all stains, fabric pills, snags, minor repairs, and also point out style nuances, for instance, if you want your collar to stand up or you wear the cuffs rolled up.
- A blunt needle can cause snags, holes or runs in seams and topstitching.
- Knits and other stretchy fabrics are an open invitation to snags.
transitive verb -gg-
- you'll snag your sweater on those brambleste vas a enganchar el suéter con esas zarzasExample sentences
- He sat down next to the boy and snagged his bag of chips, tearing it open.
- A branch snagged his shirt sleeve, and he tore a hole as he yanked himself free.
- It's just slightly bigger than a Fig Newton with two tire irons snapped to the side, with no sharp edges or protruding tools to snag jersey pockets or cut spare tubes.
- (Australia) [colloquial] (Cookery)Example sentences
- We generally prefer snags with tomato sauce and white bread.
- Officially crowned sausage king of the Traditional Australian and Gourmet class snags, Mr Barritt said using local ingredients and staff was the key to his success.
- Arthur Chisolm, a 72-year-old volunteer who took great care when turning his snags on the hotplate, said more sausages would be sold during the school holidays, but he was unsure how many.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.