Translation of snappy in Spanish:
adjective -pier, -piest
que muerdeExample sentences
- I'm not someone who's endlessly patient and wonderful - in fact I'm quite snappy and irritable - and I don't know if I'd like to make myself worse in that respect.
- He'd read twice through every book in the house, and he'd become irritable and snappy.
- I'm suddenly nervous and snappy with Dan, who is driving the support van.
- For the most part though, Gilman covers all her bases, writing in snappy, clever prose that keeps the pages turning.
- It should have clear headings, concise paragraphs and snappy sentences.
- Dialogue is snappy and modern and peppered with expletives.
- 2 (brisk, lively) [colloquial](tune)look snappy!
alegre¡muévete! [colloquial]¡date prisa!put your uniform on and make it snappy!ponte el uniforme ¡y rápido!Example sentences
- He was looking snappy in his cool button-up shirt that he didn't button-up all the way, his trendy denims, and his new white shoes.
- Quick-thinking interplay and a snappy first-time shot from Nick Davies off his back foot halved the gap.
- Close friends insist that the idea that Elspeth has ‘groomed’ her husband is way off the mark - he was, they point out, already a snappy dresser before he met his wife.
- 3 (concise, punchy) [colloquial](phrase/style)a snappy slogan
conciso y vigorosoun eslogan con gancho [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.