Translation of sneer in Spanish:
- adoptar un aire despectivoto sneer
atsomebody/somethinghe sneered at his challengersmiró desdeñosamente a sus contrincantesshe sneered at my attemptsse burló de mis intentosExample sentences
- He was contemptuous and sneering in pointing out that we were in the wrong carriage.
- The people sneered and mocked me as I descended down the stairs.
- He smiled and she sneered at him, then took a sip of coffee and returned to poking her eggs.
- 1.1 (expression)expresión (feminine) desdeñosahe told me with a sneer that …me dijo con desdén or sorna que …1.2 (remark)comentario (masculine) desdeñoso or despectivo
burla (feminine)Example sentences
- And so I thought that the massive sneer with which his remarks were greeted was unjustified.
- They'll have to put up with our weapon of choice: the condescending sneer.
- I was instantly flanked by two guards with a countenance of half sneers, half smiles on their faces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.