Translation of sneer in Spanish:
- to sneeradoptar un aire despectivo
atsomebody/somethinghe sneered at his challengersshe sneered at my attemptsmiró desdeñosamente a sus contrincantesse burló de mis intentosExample sentences
- He was contemptuous and sneering in pointing out that we were in the wrong carriage.
- The people sneered and mocked me as I descended down the stairs.
- He smiled and she sneered at him, then took a sip of coffee and returned to poking her eggs.
- 1.1 (expression)he told me with a sneer that …expresión (feminine) desdeñosa1.2 (remark)me dijo con desdén or sorna que …comentario (masculine) desdeñoso or despectivoExample sentences
- And so I thought that the massive sneer with which his remarks were greeted was unjustified.
- They'll have to put up with our weapon of choice: the condescending sneer.
- I was instantly flanked by two guards with a countenance of half sneers, half smiles on their faces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to