Translation of sneer in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- adoptar un aire despectivoto sneer
atsb/sth he sneered at his challengers miró desdeñosamente a sus contrincantes she sneered at my attempts se burló de mis intentosExample sentences
- He was contemptuous and sneering in pointing out that we were in the wrong carriage.
- The people sneered and mocked me as I descended down the stairs.
- He smiled and she sneered at him, then took a sip of coffee and returned to poking her eggs.
- 1.1 (expression) expresión (feminine) desdeñosa he told me with a sneer that … me dijo con desdén or sorna que … 1.2 (remark) comentario (masculine) desdeñoso or despectivo, burla (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.