intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- adoptar un aire despectivoto sneer
atsb/sth he sneered at his challengers miró desdeñosamente a sus contrincantes she sneered at my attempts se burló de mis intentosMore example sentences
- He was contemptuous and sneering in pointing out that we were in the wrong carriage.
- The people sneered and mocked me as I descended down the stairs.
- He smiled and she sneered at him, then took a sip of coffee and returned to poking her eggs.
- 1.1 (expression) expresión (feminine) desdeñosa he told me with a sneer that … me dijo con desdén or sorna que … 1.2 (remark) comentario (masculine) desdeñoso or despectivo, burla (feminine)
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.