Translation of sneer in Spanish:
- adoptar un aire despectivoto sneer
atsomebody/somethinghe sneered at his challengersmiró desdeñosamente a sus contrincantesshe sneered at my attemptsse burló de mis intentosExample sentences
- He was contemptuous and sneering in pointing out that we were in the wrong carriage.
- The people sneered and mocked me as I descended down the stairs.
- He smiled and she sneered at him, then took a sip of coffee and returned to poking her eggs.
- 1 (expression)expresión (feminine) desdeñosahe told me with a sneer that …me dijo con desdén or sorna que …Example sentences
- And so I thought that the massive sneer with which his remarks were greeted was unjustified.
- They'll have to put up with our weapon of choice: the condescending sneer.
- I was instantly flanked by two guards with a countenance of half sneers, half smiles on their faces.
- 2 (remark)comentario (masculine) desdeñoso or despectivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.