Translation of sniff in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (smell)(person)
olerExample sentences1.2 (glue)
- Rather than give an answer, the major sniffed the air, heavy with the scent of cooking.
- She moved among the ashes sniffing the air hoping to pick up on his scent.
- He sniffs the air and finds the scent of the pizza.
- 2 (say scornfully)decir con desdén or desdeñosamenteExample sentences
- In the past, some elitists have sniffed at her for precisely these reasons, but her fans love her as much for who she is as for her beautiful voice.
- Five years ago we just would not even have sniffed at those awards.
- The predator sniffed at her prey once more, suddenly doubting that she had caught a genuine mate.
- 1 (person)stop sniffing!¡no hagas ese ruido con la nariz!I miss him, she said sniffing
¡no te sorbas la nariz!—lo echo de menos —dijo, tratando de no llorarshe sniffed audibly when I told her how much it had costresopló cuando le dije cuánto había costadoto sniff
olfatear or olisquear algo
- 1 (act, sound) I heard sobs and sniffs coming from her bedroomoí sollozos y resuellos que venían de su habitaciónshe gave a sniff to clear her noseaspiró fuerte para despejarse la narizshe gave a sniff and turned her back on medio un resoplido y me volvió la espaldato have a sniff of somethingoler algohave a sniff of thishuele estoone sniff of the gas and he felt drowsycon una inhalación del gas ya se sintió adormecidoExample sentences
- The sounds of her occasional sniffs could be heard.
- The soft kid slippers she wore on her feet made a sound like short quick sniffs.
- The sound of an occasional sniff twisted the pain even deeper.
- 2 (smell)olor (masculine)
olorcillo (masculine)Example sentences
- He look a deep sniff of the substance and smiled.
- Keep them there for a while, just long enough for them to have been put through the mill a bit and caught a sniff of final victory, then rip the carpet from under them at the very last minute.
- But you can definitely see some clubs having a bit of a sniff of him because the lad has a lot to offer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.