Translation of snowy in Spanish:
adjective snowier, snowiest
- 1.1(day)de nieve(weather)(landscape/path)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 [literary] (white)
- He was in a sea of pine bushes covering the snowy valley of another mountain strip.
- We crept downstairs over warm, underfloor-heated carpets to a blazing fire in the sitting room, a mound of presents underneath the tree and huge windows gazing out on to snowy mountains.
- They drive across the country to his remote log cabin in snowy mountains, bonding along the way despite their implacably opposed positions in the situation.
blanco como la nieveExample sentences
- Rainy or snowy weather also affects driver visibility and control of the vehicle.
- During extremely cold, snowy periods raccoons have been observed sleeping for long periods at a time, but do not hibernate.
- However, it must be stated that the majority of Scotland's population do not endure severe, snowy winters.
- Above them was a castle made of pure, white snowy clouds.
- Her dress was pure snowy white, of course, simple and off-the-shoulder.
- Her snowy white hair rose like a wedding cake on the crown of her tiny head, every curl lacquered in place with multiple applications of hairspray.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.