- 1.1 (cozy, comfortable)(room/cottage)she felt very snug by the firecómodo y acogedorhe was snug and warm in bedse sentía muy a gusto junto al fuego→ bug 1 1 1estaba cómodo y calentito en la camaExample sentences1.2 (close-fitting) the jacket was a snug fit
the joints must be snug (in woodwork)la chaqueta le ( or me etc) ceñía muy bienlas uniones or ensambladuras deben ajustar perfectamenteExample sentences
- Jake's soft against me, pulled up, and I've leant my head against his chest and his arm's round me and it's comfortable and snug and warm, and nice.
- They all made themselves comfortable inside their snug and warm sleeping bags.
- Still, once a fire is crackling, it is a warm, snug shelter.
- She is a tall and slim model-like blond with blue eyes and wrapped in a snug coat with some black pants and tennis shoes also.
- The fit should be snug but not confining - remember, they'll stretch a bit with use.
- The fit is quite snug, and I don't think this will be detrimental in performance.
- (bar)(British English) (sala pequeña en un pub o en una casa particular)Example sentences
- The main bar greets you and you can enjoy your drink down by the fireplace or in one of its comfortable snugs.
- It's such an unusual shape, with nooks and crannies and little attic bedrooms here and little snugs there.
- We pass on, pausing only a couple of times for me to bump my head on bits of metal protruding from various ladders, down into a room that looks like the snug of a golf-club bar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.