- 1 (cozy, comfortable)(room/cottage)she felt very snug by the fire
cómodo y acogedorse sentía muy a gusto junto al fuegohe was snug and warm in bedestaba cómodo y calentito en la cama→ bug 1 1 1Example sentences
- Jake's soft against me, pulled up, and I've leant my head against his chest and his arm's round me and it's comfortable and snug and warm, and nice.
- They all made themselves comfortable inside their snug and warm sleeping bags.
- Still, once a fire is crackling, it is a warm, snug shelter.
- 2 (close-fitting) the jacket was a snug fitla chaqueta le ( or me etc) ceñía muy bienthe joints must be snug (in woodwork)las uniones or ensambladuras deben ajustar perfectamenteExample sentences
- She is a tall and slim model-like blond with blue eyes and wrapped in a snug coat with some black pants and tennis shoes also.
- The fit should be snug but not confining - remember, they'll stretch a bit with use.
- The fit is quite snug, and I don't think this will be detrimental in performance.
- (bar) (British English)(sala pequeña en un pub o en una casa particular)Example sentences
- The main bar greets you and you can enjoy your drink down by the fireplace or in one of its comfortable snugs.
- It's such an unusual shape, with nooks and crannies and little attic bedrooms here and little snugs there.
- We pass on, pausing only a couple of times for me to bump my head on bits of metal protruding from various ladders, down into a room that looks like the snug of a golf-club bar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.