- 1.1 (cozy, comfortable) [room/cottage] cómodo y acogedor she felt very snug by the fire se sentía muy a gusto junto al fuego he was snug and warm in bed estaba cómodo y calentito en la cama bug1 1 1More example sentences1.2 (close-fitting) ceñido, ajustado the jacket was a snug fit la chaqueta le ( or me etc) ceñía muy bien the joints must be snug (in woodwork) las uniones or ensambladuras deben ajustar perfectamente
More example sentences
- Jake's soft against me, pulled up, and I've leant my head against his chest and his arm's round me and it's comfortable and snug and warm, and nice.
- They all made themselves comfortable inside their snug and warm sleeping bags.
- Still, once a fire is crackling, it is a warm, snug shelter.
- She is a tall and slim model-like blond with blue eyes and wrapped in a snug coat with some black pants and tennis shoes also.
- The fit should be snug but not confining - remember, they'll stretch a bit with use.
- The fit is quite snug, and I don't think this will be detrimental in performance.
peronismo is a political movement, known officially as justicialismo, named for the populist politician Colonel Juan Domingo Perón, elected President of Argentina in 1946. An admirer of Italian fascism, Perón claimed always to be a champion of the workers and the poor, the descamisados (shirtless ones), to whom his first wife Eva Duarte (`Evita') became a kind of icon, especially after her death in 1952. Although he instituted some social reforms, Perón's regime proved increasingly repressive and he was ousted by the army in 1955. He returned from exile to become president in 1973, but died in office a year later. The Partido Justicialista has governed Argentina almost continuously since 1989, under Presidents Carlos Menem, Néstor Kirchner, and Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, Néstor Kirchner's widow, who was re-elected President in 2011.
- (bar) (BrE) sala pequeña en un pub o en una casa particularMore example sentences
- The main bar greets you and you can enjoy your drink down by the fireplace or in one of its comfortable snugs.
- It's such an unusual shape, with nooks and crannies and little attic bedrooms here and little snugs there.
- We pass on, pausing only a couple of times for me to bump my head on bits of metal protruding from various ladders, down into a room that looks like the snug of a golf-club bar.