Translation of so-and-so in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (unspecified person) (no article)fulano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Mr So-and-sodon or señor Fulano (de Tal)Mrs So-and-sodoña or señora Fulana (de Tal)so-and-so wants this, so-and-so wants thatfulano quiere esto, mengano quiere aquelloExample sentences
- I have also seen many names such as so-and-so real estate advisory company or management advisory company.
- Yeah, I remember when so-and-so left a dead fish in my locker.
- I want to know people that you can pick up the phone to, and say, ‘Do you remember so-and-so?’
- 2 countable (unpleasant person) [euphemistic]which so-and-so has used up all the hot water?¿quién fue el hijo de su (santa) madre or (Mexico) el tal para cual or (Chile) el tal por cual que me dejó sin agua caliente? [euphemistic]you so-and-sos!¡canallas!
¡tales para cuales! (Mexico)
¡tales por cuales! (Chile)Example sentences
- When I see my team-mates in the bar after a game I sometimes wonder if they are saying it's about time that old so-and-so gave up.
- But, being the conniving old so-and-so he is, he went one better.
- He used to be such a good sport, but now he's a grumpy old so-and-so.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.