Translation of so-called in Spanish:
adjective usually before noun
- 1.1 (commonly named)(así) llamado or denominadoExample sentences1.2 (indicating skeptical attitude) this so-called improvement
esta supuesta or pretendida mejora
- It is all done in the name of curbing the so-called bad actors, but it imposes costs on everyone.
- He had no doubt that many so-called modern worship forms would become obsolete.
- The organisation believes so-called drug driving is now more common than driving while over the limit.
esta dizque mejora (Latin America)Example sentences
- So tell me, John, why is it that all your so-called friends and family hate you so much?
- It was a time when many of his old so-called friends had dropped him like a hot potato.
- At the trial, my so-called best friend stood in the dock and spoke against me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.