Translation of soap in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable liquid soap a box of soapsno soap (American English) we tried to persuade her, but it was no soapuna caja de jabones or de pastillas de jabóntratamos de convencerla, pero no hubo forma or (in Latin America also) no hubo casoExample sentences
- When you're ready to make the jam, rinse and clean your jars with soap and water and a sponge.
- Clean the tools with soap and water and throw away all the scrap wallpaper.
- The paint is baked on for durability and these benches can easily be cleaned with soap and water.
- 2→ soap opera
- to soap one's hands/faceenjabonarse or jabonarse las manos/la caraExample sentences
- That suggestion did please Howard who went quickly to stand under the shower, soaping himself up with lots of hot water.
- It shows a pair of army boots, a discarded uniform, a broad, suntanned face and an arm carelessly soaping a back.
- After scratching the hell out of one of my arms while I soaped him and rinsed him, he then went absolutely hog wild drying himself in a towel.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.