Translation of socialize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [Psychology/Psicología] socializar*Example sentences
- Education can only be sound if children are socialized into valuing and building themselves and their community.
- Girls and boys are socialized into conventional gender roles early, through differences in dress and through limitations or direct instruction in appropriate play activities.
- As with churches, the professions, and the military, students are socialized into a culture and are expected to master its standards of excellence and ethics.
- 2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Politics/Política] nacionalizar* socialized medicine medicina (feminine) socialExample sentences
- Why would people bother looking for oil, when a socialist Government would socialise the advantages that they gained from their efforts in drilling for oil?
- Already the great bulk of the productive forces, those that dominate the economy, have been socialised.
- It is the Government's intention to nationalise or socialise the health sector, and we are seeing it with the primary health organisations.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- alternar; (at party) circular; (chat) (American English/inglés norteamericano) charlar they don't socialize much no alternan or no salen mucho, no hacen mucha vida social he doesn't socialize with his employees no tiene trato social con sus empleadosExample sentences
- His speeches at fundraisers are often less than rousing and he dislikes socializing with wealthy donors, making it harder for the project to raise money.
- She also suffered from low self-esteem, feeling fat and unpretty and experiencing difficulties socializing with her schoolmates.
- Many of the new counselors were amazed that they had been socializing with one of the assistant directors all day and didn't have an inkling.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to