- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] (of eye) cuenca (feminine), cavidad (feminine), órbita (feminine); (of joint) fosa (feminine), hueco (masculine); (of tooth) alvéolo (masculine) you nearly pulled my arm out of its socket casi me desencajas or me sacas el brazoMore example sentences1.2 [Electricity/Electricidad] (for plug) enchufe (masculine), toma (feminine) de corriente, tomacorriente (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) ; (for light bulb) portalámparas (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 [Technology/Tecnología] encaje (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) socket wrench llave (feminine) de tubo
- The hip socket will be hollowed out to make a shallow cup and an artificial socket will be placed into it.
- The result was an exact plaster mould of my stump, which Ian will use to make the socket onto which my artificial leg will be attached.
- My prosthetist, Ian, bulked up the inside of the socket of the artificial leg with a liner, which has made for a much tighter and snugger fit.
- Unlike conventional electrical appliances, which are simply plugged into a wall socket, computers and their peripherals are connected by any number of lines.
- All it needs is a flat surface to rest on and an electrical socket to plug into.
- Korjo and Design Go both make travel jugs, for plugging in to electrical sockets or car cigarette lighters, costing around $80.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.