Translation of socket in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Anatomy) (of eye)(of tooth)you nearly pulled my arm out of its socketcasi me desencajas or me sacas el brazoExample sentences1.2 (Electricity) (for plug)
(for light bulb)Example sentences1.3 (Technology)
- The hip socket will be hollowed out to make a shallow cup and an artificial socket will be placed into it.
- The result was an exact plaster mould of my stump, which Ian will use to make the socket onto which my artificial leg will be attached.
- My prosthetist, Ian, bulked up the inside of the socket of the artificial leg with a liner, which has made for a much tighter and snugger fit.
- Unlike conventional electrical appliances, which are simply plugged into a wall socket, computers and their peripherals are connected by any number of lines.
- All it needs is a flat surface to rest on and an electrical socket to plug into.
- Korjo and Design Go both make travel jugs, for plugging in to electrical sockets or car cigarette lighters, costing around $80.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.