- 1.1 [Anat] (of eye) cuenca (f), cavidad (f), órbita (f); (of joint) fosa (f), hueco (m); (of tooth) alvéolo (m) you nearly pulled my arm out of its socket casi me desencajas or me sacas el brazoMore example sentences1.2 [Elec] (for plug) enchufe (m), toma (f) de corriente, tomacorriente (m) (AmL) ; (for light bulb) portalámparas (m)
More example sentences1.3 [Tech] encaje (m) (before n) socket wrench llave (f) de tubo
- The hip socket will be hollowed out to make a shallow cup and an artificial socket will be placed into it.
- The result was an exact plaster mould of my stump, which Ian will use to make the socket onto which my artificial leg will be attached.
- My prosthetist, Ian, bulked up the inside of the socket of the artificial leg with a liner, which has made for a much tighter and snugger fit.
- Unlike conventional electrical appliances, which are simply plugged into a wall socket, computers and their peripherals are connected by any number of lines.
- All it needs is a flat surface to rest on and an electrical socket to plug into.
- Korjo and Design Go both make travel jugs, for plugging in to electrical sockets or car cigarette lighters, costing around $80.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.