Translation of socket in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Anatomy) (of eye)(of tooth) alvéolo (masculine)you nearly pulled my arm out of its socketcasi me desencajas or me sacas el brazoExample sentences1.2 (Electricity) (for plug)
(for light bulb) portalámparas (masculine)Example sentences1.3 (Technology)
- The hip socket will be hollowed out to make a shallow cup and an artificial socket will be placed into it.
- The result was an exact plaster mould of my stump, which Ian will use to make the socket onto which my artificial leg will be attached.
- My prosthetist, Ian, bulked up the inside of the socket of the artificial leg with a liner, which has made for a much tighter and snugger fit.
- Unlike conventional electrical appliances, which are simply plugged into a wall socket, computers and their peripherals are connected by any number of lines.
- All it needs is a flat surface to rest on and an electrical socket to plug into.
- Korjo and Design Go both make travel jugs, for plugging in to electrical sockets or car cigarette lighters, costing around $80.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.