- countable or uncountable (ground)(turf) césped (masculine)beneath the sod [literary]bajo (la) tierraExample sentences
- I chunked my stuff on the sod and lay down next to it.
- Heavy grazing the previous fall is essential to weaken and open up the sod when tillage or chemical control of the sod are not used.
- Put plastic runners on both sides of the trench to avoid damage to your lawn, one runner for the sod and the other runner for the dirt.
- Remove dead patches along with 3 to 4 inches of soil underneath; fill the hole with a fresh piece of sod, as shown above, or overseed.
- Then either seed, plant new plugs, or insert a fresh piece of sod cut to fit the damaged area.
- You can make an instant lawn of buffalo grass using sod, or for a fraction of the cost and a couple months of establishment time, use seed.
- (cover with turf) (American English)cubrir de céspedExample sentences
- After construction was completed, we installed the remaining plants and sodded the lawn.
- We planted and sodded the lawn and installed an irrigation system throughout.
- 1 (obnoxious person) [vulgar]cabrón, (-brona) (masculine, feminine) [vulgar]he's a selfish/stupid sodes un egoísta/imbécil de mierda [vulgar]
- 2 (fellow) [slang]I feel sorry for the poor sodme da lástima el pobre tipo or el pobre diablo [colloquial]you lucky sod!¡qué potra tienes! [colloquial]¡qué suertudo eres! (Latin America) [colloquial]¡qué culo tenés! (River Plate area) [slang]
- 3 (something difficult, unpleasant) [vulgar]joda (feminine) (Latin America) [vulgar]coñazo (masculine) (Spain) [vulgar]these windows are real sods to cleanestas ventanas son una joda or (Spain) un coñazo para limpiar [vulgar]not to give a sod (British English) [vulgar]I don't give a sodme importa un carajo or un huevo [vulgar]
- [vulgar] (usually in imperative) sod off!
¡déjate de joder! [vulgar]
¡vete or (River Plate area) andáte a la mierda! [vulgar]
¡vete a tomar por culo! (Spain) [vulgar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.