Translation of soda in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (soda water) soda (feminine), agua (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) de seltz Scotch and soda whisky (masculine) con soda or sifónExample sentences1.2 c and u (flavored) (American English/inglés norteamericano) refresco (masculine), fresco (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) orange soda naranjada (feminine)
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (ice-cream soda) (American English/inglés norteamericano) ice-cream soda (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) ([ refresco con helado ])
- The basic mixers are cola, lemon-lime soda, tonic water, soda water, orange juice, cranberry juice, tomato juice, ginger ale and grapefruit juice.
- Muddle the mint and the rest of the ingredients in the glass until the sugar has melted before topping up with crushed ice and a whoosh of soda water or sparkling mineral water.
- We went to the beach, sunbathed, read books under straw parasols, ate olives and drank cheap red wine watered down with soda water.
- They were brought up on sweet beverages and soda, and on caffeine.
- Every diet gone bad has its usual suspects - soda, sweets, French fries, et cetera.
- My laughing and petty revenge seemed to have made that soda sweeter.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] soda (feminine), sosa (feminine)Example sentences
- The scientific explanation for this phenomenon is that soda contains carbon dioxide gas.
- Because soap is made primarily from a caustic blend of boiled animal fat, lye and soda, it is highly alkaline.
- A fusion of sand, soda, and potash, its peculiarity resides in how these elements are not perceived but effaced.
- Add nitrate of soda or ammonia sulfate for inorganic amendments.
- In a normal healthy person, he argued, uric acid is excreted in the urine; if that process be interrupted, deposition of uric acid occurs in the form of urate of soda.
- Combine flour, bi-carbonate of soda, sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.