- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (soda water) soda (f), agua (f‡) de seltz Scotch and soda whisky (masculine) con soda or sifónMore example sentences1.2 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (flavored) (American English/inglés norteamericano) refresco (m), fresco (m) (Latin America/América Latina) orange soda naranjada (feminine)
More example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (ice-cream soda) (American English/inglés norteamericano) ice-cream soda (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) (refresco con helado)
- The basic mixers are cola, lemon-lime soda, tonic water, soda water, orange juice, cranberry juice, tomato juice, ginger ale and grapefruit juice.
- Muddle the mint and the rest of the ingredients in the glass until the sugar has melted before topping up with crushed ice and a whoosh of soda water or sparkling mineral water.
- We went to the beach, sunbathed, read books under straw parasols, ate olives and drank cheap red wine watered down with soda water.
- They were brought up on sweet beverages and soda, and on caffeine.
- Every diet gone bad has its usual suspects - soda, sweets, French fries, et cetera.
- My laughing and petty revenge seemed to have made that soda sweeter.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] soda (f), sosa (f) (before noun/delante del nombre) soda ash soda (f) or sosa (f) Solvay soda breadpan hecho con levadura química o polvo de hornear soda cracker (American English/inglés norteamericano) galletita (feminine) saladaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The scientific explanation for this phenomenon is that soda contains carbon dioxide gas.
- Because soap is made primarily from a caustic blend of boiled animal fat, lye and soda, it is highly alkaline.
- A fusion of sand, soda, and potash, its peculiarity resides in how these elements are not perceived but effaced.
- Add nitrate of soda or ammonia sulfate for inorganic amendments.
- In a normal healthy person, he argued, uric acid is excreted in the urine; if that process be interrupted, deposition of uric acid occurs in the form of urate of soda.
- Combine flour, bi-carbonate of soda, sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.