Translation of soften in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (make less hard)(dough/clay/butter)
suavizarExample sentences1.2 (make less harsh)
- When the oil is hot, add the carrot and onion and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- These are products which can prevent drying of the skin, thereby moisturizing and softening the skin.
- It offers a rich, creamy lather that will invigorate, moisturize and soften your hair.
- Something sharp and dangerous transformed his face, his expression going from that of a parent trying to soften a blow to a dark anger.
- The combination lets people have it both ways: The foam keeps the cushion upright and helps it hold its shape, while the down makes a comfortable seat and softens the severe line of the foam.
- Better to wait until bubbles burst and manage the consequences, softening the economic blow by loosening monetary policy very quickly.
- 3 (Chemistry)Example sentences
- Observations have shown increased copper levels in water softened with ion exchange water softeners.
- The higher the concentration of these minerals, the more sodium needed to soften the water.
- The vinegar in this formula will help to remove stains, odors and soften the water.
- 2 2.1 (become gentler)(person/heart)
ablandarse(voice)2.2 (become quieter)
dulcificarsebajar (de volumen)2.3 (become more moderate)volverse menos intransigente
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object 1.1 (make soft) 1.2
(person)2verb + adverb 2.1 (become soft)
(person)to soften up
se han vuelto más tolerantes ante la delincuenciadon't soften up on him
no le aflojes [colloquial]
no te pongas blando con él
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.