Translation of soldier in Spanish:
- 1(officer) militar (masculine or feminine)an old soldier be a brave little soldierpórtate como un valienteto be a good soldier (American English)ser leal y disciplinadoa soldier of fortuneun mercenarioto play (at) soldiersjugar a la guerraExample sentences
- As an enlisted soldier, he served in every leadership position up to the position of First Sergeant.
- He thus avoided serving as a soldier, or ‘cannon fodder,’ as he would later put it.
- Keitel, a professional soldier, served as an artillery officer on the Western Front during the First World War and then as a staff officer.
- 2 (Zoology)Example sentences
- Soldiers resemble worker termites, except that they have enlarged brownish heads and strong, well-developed jaws.
- Termites have a strict caste system, which consists of worker termites, soldiers, winged reproductive termites, a queen termite, and a king termite.
- When these ants sense a possible threat, they increase the ratio of soldiers to workers in their colonies, report Luc Passera of Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse, France, and his colleagues.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.