Translation of soldier in Spanish:
- 1.1(officer)an old soldier be a brave little soldierto be a good soldier (American English)pórtate como un valientea soldier of fortuneser leal y disciplinadoto play (at) soldiersun mercenariojugar a la guerraExample sentences1.2 (Zoology)
Example sentences1.3 (British English) (Cookery) [colloquial]soldiers
- As an enlisted soldier, he served in every leadership position up to the position of First Sergeant.
- He thus avoided serving as a soldier, or ‘cannon fodder,’ as he would later put it.
- Keitel, a professional soldier, served as an artillery officer on the Western Front during the First World War and then as a staff officer.
(trozos de pan tostado que se comen con huevos pasados por agua)
- Soldiers resemble worker termites, except that they have enlarged brownish heads and strong, well-developed jaws.
- Termites have a strict caste system, which consists of worker termites, soldiers, winged reproductive termites, a queen termite, and a king termite.
- When these ants sense a possible threat, they increase the ratio of soldiers to workers in their colonies, report Luc Passera of Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse, France, and his colleagues.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.