- 1.1 (of foot) planta (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of shoe) suela (feminine)
- Melanomas commonly appear on these ‘non-sun exposed’ parts of the body, like the back of the legs, the soles of the feet and the buttocks.
- Two days later we had to drag him cross-country in a train as the pox blossomed in his mouth, eyes, nose, even the soles of his feet, making it impossible to walk.
- These commonly arise in areas of the body not much exposed to the sun, such as the back of the legs, soles of the feet, scalp and buttocks.
- The heel is usually small and is internally rotated, making the soles of the feet face each other in cases of bilateral deformities.
- But for me, this is the best part of the whole exercise, as firm fingers and thumbs work around the ankles, under the soles of the feet, between toes and over the instep.
- Warts on the soles of the feet are called plantar warts.
- Opt for a pair with a bit of a heel, and leather soles.
- Besides his exquisitely tooled creations, he is credited with having invented the platform sole and wedge heel, which have had a recent comeback in fashion.
- Made from premium leather, they feature a lightly-padded footbed and a flexible sole for added walking comfort.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
adjective/adjetivo(before noun/delante del nombre)
- 1.1 (only) únicoExample sentences1.2 (exclusive) [rights] exclusivo; [owner] único they are sole agents for … tienen la representación exclusiva de …
- World Heart Day is a global initiative with the sole aim of raising awareness about heart health and is being supported by the World Heart Federation.
- Designated a protected area in 1941, the reserve was created with the sole aim of preserving the coastal sea and earth ecosystems.
- Fifteen-year-old James began race walking at 11 with the sole aim of representing his county in Mosney.
- Chosen charities are given free stand space and joint sole rights to collect money from the 80,000 people who attend the show.
- Courts rarely grant sole custody or even joint physical custody to fathers, and standard visitation is just a few days a month.
- It all began because she had separated from her husband last October and he had moved out of the family home, and she had started claiming housing benefit and opened up a new council tax account in her sole name.