- 1.1 (grammatical mistake) solecismo (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (faux pas) incorrección (feminine)
More example sentences
- This year, it seems likely that a number of my fellow countrymen will be spending a good deal of time pedantically pursuing punctuation rules and grumbling at grammatical solecisms.
- This, I believe, is the only grammatical solecism Esther perpetrates in her long narrative.
- Everyone in the publishing process should report a solecism that would otherwise go undetected - a misspelling, a grammatical error.
- But he never brooked any solecism in behaviour inside his courtroom.
- The question is not whether Mourinho commits these solecisms: every week provides a new instance of a Mourinhism that raises the hackles of stout-hearted, stout-drinking English yeomen.
- In any case, it was unlikely that John would commit any solecism of protocol, since he was already well acquainted with her, she having been one of his wife's bridesmaids.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.