Translation of solecism in Spanish:
- 1.1 (grammatical mistake)Example sentences1.2 (faux pas)
- This year, it seems likely that a number of my fellow countrymen will be spending a good deal of time pedantically pursuing punctuation rules and grumbling at grammatical solecisms.
- This, I believe, is the only grammatical solecism Esther perpetrates in her long narrative.
- Everyone in the publishing process should report a solecism that would otherwise go undetected - a misspelling, a grammatical error.
- But he never brooked any solecism in behaviour inside his courtroom.
- The question is not whether Mourinho commits these solecisms: every week provides a new instance of a Mourinhism that raises the hackles of stout-hearted, stout-drinking English yeomen.
- In any case, it was unlikely that John would commit any solecism of protocol, since he was already well acquainted with her, she having been one of his wife's bridesmaids.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to