Translation of solid in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-er, -est)
- 1 1.1 (not liquid or gaseous) sólido solid food alimentos (masculine plural) sólidos to become solid solidificarse* at what temperature does carbon dioxide become solid? ¿a qué temperatura se solidifica el anhídrido carbónico? to freeze solid congelarse por completo 1.2 (not hollow) [rubber ball/tire] macizo 1.3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] tridimensional solid figure cuerpo (masculine) geométricoExample sentences
- He also gives rules for measuring both plane and solid figures, often using arches as examples.
- Theodosius defines a sphere to be a solid figure with the property that any point on its surface is at a constant distance from a fixed point (the centre of the sphere).
- This is the first solid figure, the three-dimensional form of the triangle.
- The first students of conic sections, and possibly Theaetetus, the creator of solid geometry, were members of the Academy.
- He goes on to consider solid geometry giving results on prisms, cylinders, and spheres.
- In the Republic, Plato is critical of the solid geometry of his day, but his criticism makes no mention of the use of instruments.
- 2 2.1 (unbroken) [line/row] continuo, ininterrumpido a solid mass una masa compacta the traffic's solid all the way from here to town la caravana de coches va desde aquí hasta la ciudad 2.2 (continuous) [colloquial/familiar] [month/year] seguido for four solid hours durante cuatro horas seguidas it was solid rain for another hour llovió sin parar una hora másExample sentences
- No reason at all, unless it was the fact that I had a solid 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep!
- I'd been among their ranks for a solid six hours by the time we got to question period, and honestly, by this point all I could think about was getting the hell out of there.
- Give yourself about six solid months of training to prepare for your first ultra.
Example sentences2.3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] solid compound[ palabra compuesta escrita sin espacio ni guión ]
- And now you're in solid with her because you've got a car.
- After this critique of Trotsky, Lenin really comes down solid on him.
- A hypothetical rectangular habitat is outlined by a thick solid line.
- Thin solid lines enclose a region in which 95% of the simulated data points are expected to lie.
- The solid line, the dotted line, and the dashed line represent the cases of, and, respectively.
- 3 3.1 (physically sturdy) [furniture/house/bridge] sólido; [meal] consistente a man of solid build un hombre de complexión robusta to have/build solid foundations tener*/crear una base sólida 3.2 (substantial, valuable) [knowledge/defense/reason] sólido a solid business un negocio sólido solid work trabajo (masculine) concienzudo a good solid worker un trabajador serio y responsableExample sentences3.3 (firm, definite) [offer] en firme; [conviction/commitment] firme
- Imagine that you are surrounded by an outer shell that is made of a solid material - so strong that nothing can get through to hurt you.
- The leather steering wheel is bigger than the average, the door handles strong and solid and the pedals sporty.
- Stacking large slabs on one another against a spine of uprights within a revetment wall seems a very effective way to create an illusion of a well built and solid cairn.
- When heated this produces methane gas and a solid residue of sodium carbonate.
- A third type, called a hybrid, combines a solid fuel with a liquid oxidizer.
- The firm began with Mr Wilson selling small amounts of coal, and is now the oldest solid fuel firm in the area, with a very loyal customer base.
- The Nissan Cefiros have had a good reputation all over the world as good, solid, reliable and dependable transport.
- Aquarius, you only want what every other human being wants: a life that's solid, dependable, and fun.
- The real man was solid, dependable, loyal, uncomplaining, quick to act and slow to forgive.
- 4 4.1 (pure) [metal/wood] macizo, puro; [rock] vivo touch this arm, solid muscle! toca este brazo ¡puro músculo! 4.2 (unanimous) [support/vote/agreement] unánime we're absolutely solid on that point sobre ese punto estamos en absoluta unanimidad to be solid for/against sth estar* unánimemente a favor/en contra de algoExample sentences
- One fact, at least, shows that a change in the law has less solid support than suicide self-help groups might like to think they have.
- This one-time Democratic bill about reforming the accounting industry now has very, very solid support in the Senate.
- The controversial talks with Springfield Residents, first revealed on Thursday, are said to have the solid support of the Grand Orange Lodge of Belfast.
- The theater is a cavernous space, seemingly carved from a solid mass of desert rock, like Petra, in Jordan.
- I think of it as arising from pain fibers that are not mucosal but deeper in hollow organs or in solid masses.
- In the process of being buried under other sediments, these ooids can fuse into a solid mass of sedimentary rock called oolite.
- The house measures 167 square metres and has solid timber flooring throughout, a maple kitchen and an ADSL line in the study.
- The apartment itself has solid oak flooring throughout and the inner hall features built-in floor to ceiling fitted wardrobes.
- The elevated front door opens into a roomy hall decorated in pale aqua and floored in the solid maple that features throughout the living quarters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.