- 1 countable/numerable solitaire (diamond) solitario (masculine)
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [Games/Juegos] solitario (masculine) to play solitaire hacer* solitariosMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Solitaire is a board game for one player involving movement of pegs on a board with holes.
- Indeed, the game is sometimes called patience sorting, where patience is the British term for solitaire.
- I've sat here for twenty minutes, played seven games of solitaire, and try as I may I can't pull anything out of the day.
- Perfect for making sure that you save power when you nod off after a demanding midnight game of solitaire.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.