Translation of solitary in Spanish:
- 1.1 (alone)(person/disposition/life/journey)a solitary place
solitarioun lugar solitario or apartadoExample sentences1.2 (single) (before noun) not a (single) solitary person has written to me
no me ha escrito ni una sola personathey haven't a solitary piece of evidenceno tienen ni una sola pruebathere was one solitary casehubo un único or solo casoExample sentences1.3 (Botany, Zoology)
- Shrek himself (voiced by Mike Myers) is an unpleasant, solitary ogre who lives alone in a swamp.
- I dined in solitary state, all alone in the castle's gilt-and-blue dining hall.
- A solitary bad person sitting alone, harbouring genocidal thoughts, and wishing he ruled the world is not a problem unless he lives next to us in the trailer park.
- Nancy & Lee also had a solitary UK hit single: the glorious, saucy, surreal ‘Did You Ever?’
- Every single, solitary person admitted was female.
- Laid out before you, you have 73 different types of fruit - a succulent, juicy example of every variety you can think of - but not one single, solitary apple.
- Other faunal elements include colonial and solitary corals, encrusting bryozoans, stromatoporoids, and rare brachiopods.
- However, little is known about costs of parental investment in insects, particularly in solitary as well as social aculeate Hymenoptera.
- While a few hydrozoans, such as Hydra, are solitary polyps, most live in colonies made up of anywhere from a few to thousands of individual polyps.
- The solitary flowers are borne on long, wiry pedicels.
- Petioles of huge solitary leaves of mature plants of Amorphophallus resemble tree trunks supporting an umbrella-like crown.
- Pelliciera has solitary flowers that are accompanied by two large coloured prophylls.
noun plural -ries
- 1.1 uncountable (solitary confinement) [colloquial] he's been in solitary for five dayshace cinco días que está incomunicado1.2 countable (recluse) [literary]solitario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- This question applies with particular acuteness to the situation of hermits or solitaries.
- Who would have thought that Christian solitaries from the Egyptian desert of late antiquity would speak with such authority to us today?
- For the significance of the outlaw to Dylan is less that of the rebel and more the solitary who rejects established religion for the direct inspiration of truth.
- Does he get punished, does he ever get in the solitary?
- Consequently, a further 200 prisoners who did a solitary stretch may now seek a wad of cash, courtesy of the taxpayer, taking the total to millions of dollars.
- After leaving solitary, he will ultimately be sent to a different minimum-security facility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.