Translation of soluble in Spanish:
- 1 (of substance) soluble
insomethingwater-/fat-soluble vitaminssoluble enalgovitaminas (feminine plural) hidrosolubles/liposolublesExample sentences
- The respiratory gases exchange freely across the membrane, because oxygen and carbon dioxide are soluble in lipid.
- For example inorganic salts are generally soluble in water but not in organic solvents.
- Unlike silver nitrate, silver chloride is not soluble in water, but it seemed more promising.
- 2(problem/mystery)it is not an easily soluble problem/questionno es un problema/una cuestión de fácil soluciónExample sentences
- Not all problems are soluble, not all risks can be hedged at acceptable cost.
- By providing methods of determining which problems are soluble, Kleene's work led to the study of which functions can be computed.
- The problem is easily soluble - get the oil hotter and the batter thinner.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.