Translation of solution in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable (to problem)solution (
tosomething) to think of/find a solutionpensar en/encontrar una soluciónSally came up with a solutiona Sally se le ocurrió una soluciónthe solution to all your problemsla solución a todos sus problemasit does not admit of solution, it is incapable of solution uncountable [formal]no admite solución
es insolubleExample sentences1.2 countable (Mathematics)
- The promotion of the article page was simply a short-term solution to a difficult situation.
- The decision to divest the business has not been an easy one to make but it is the only solution to a difficult and unsustainable situation.
- The easiest solution to this situation is to address the issue right in the beginning during the initial audition.
- 2 countable or uncountable (Chemistry) to make a solution of somethinghacer una solución de algothe aspirin works faster if you take it in solutionla aspirina actúa más rápidamente si se la disuelveExample sentences
- Some escapes as carbon dioxide from water solutions and returns to the atmosphere.
- Unlike common air, fixed air turned lime water (a solution of calcium hydroxide) cloudy.
- Since soap and detergents are salts, they separate into their component ions in a solution of water.
- Typically the host molecules are dissolved in solution or, alternatively, are confined to a membrane plane.
- Metals usually make positive ions when the compounds are dissolved in solution.
- This seminar is vital to all scientists who need to characterize polymers or biopolymers in solution.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.