Translation of solvent in Spanish:
- 1(company/person)Example sentences
- Therefore, credit spreads tend to zero for the short-term debt of a solvent firm.
- It simply decides that on the facts of that case the parent company in question had a legitimate interest in preserving and maximising the assets of its solvent subsidiary.
- WorldCom, although still very much in operation, has been losing market share to its solvent rivals.
- 2 (Chemistry)Example sentences
- Some examples of solvent chemicals are paint thinners, most penetrating sealers, D-Limonene, and alcohol.
- Four different solvent media were considered: octane, tetrahydrofuran, acetonitrile, and water.
- Sometimes surfactants are mixed into solvent sealers so that the residue will mix with water for easier cleanup afterwards.
- Example sentences
- They're used in petroleum refining, removal of water from organic solvents, and other industrial processes.
- Since the tested flavonoids are not directly soluble in water, some organic solvents were used as agents for their dissolution.
- Due to the hydrophobic nature of elastin, this amorphous, cross-linked protein is insoluble in water and many organic solvents.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.