- 1 [company/person] solventeMore example sentences
- Therefore, credit spreads tend to zero for the short-term debt of a solvent firm.
- It simply decides that on the facts of that case the parent company in question had a legitimate interest in preserving and maximising the assets of its solvent subsidiary.
- WorldCom, although still very much in operation, has been losing market share to its solvent rivals.
- 2 [Chem] disolvente, solventeMore example sentences
- Some examples of solvent chemicals are paint thinners, most penetrating sealers, D-Limonene, and alcohol.
- Four different solvent media were considered: octane, tetrahydrofuran, acetonitrile, and water.
- Sometimes surfactants are mixed into solvent sealers so that the residue will mix with water for easier cleanup afterwards.
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.
- disolvente (m), solvente (m) (before n) solvent abuse [formal] inhalación (f) de disolventesMore example sentences
- They're used in petroleum refining, removal of water from organic solvents, and other industrial processes.
- Since the tested flavonoids are not directly soluble in water, some organic solvents were used as agents for their dissolution.
- Due to the hydrophobic nature of elastin, this amorphous, cross-linked protein is insoluble in water and many organic solvents.