Translation of somebody in Spanish:
- alguien somebody's coming viene alguien somebody important/younger alguien importante/más joven shut the door, somebody! ¡que alguien cierre la puerta! there's always got to be somebody who disagrees siempre tiene que haber alguien or uno que no está de acuerdo somebody else got the job le dieron el trabajo a otro or a otra persona there was somebody lying on the floor había una persona tumbada en el suelo there's somebody I'd like you to meet quiero presentarte a un amigo ( or compañero etc) he needs somebody to talk to necesita a alguien con quien hablar he's not somebody I'd confide in no es una persona a quien yo le confiaría ningún secreto somebody or other must have dropped it se le debe de haber caído a alguien who was it? — John somebody ¿quién era? — John algo or John no sé cuánto [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Claire decided that she must have fallen asleep at the party, and somebody had taken her home.
- There are so many characters that you're bound to end up identifying with somebody.
- You are at a party, and you have been chatting to somebody who seems very nice.
- (no plural/sin plural) to be (a) somebody ser* alguien she's really somebody es todo un personaje
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the