- (on ground) voltereta (feminine), vuelta (feminine) (de) carnero (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) ; (from height) (salto (masculine)) mortal (masculine); (of car) vuelta (feminine) de campana to perform/execute a somersault realizar*/ejecutar un mortal to turn somersaults hacer* volteretas, dar* vueltas (de) carnero (Southern Cone/Cono Sur)More example sentences
- With practice, the momentum created by the dolphin kick and hand movement initiating your somersault should allow you to land aggressively at the wall.
- Chen, who is now playing elder sister to many of her younger classmates, has already accustomed herself to the endless backward somersaults, handstands and horse vaults.
- My intention was this: to do a round-off on to a trampette then tuck backwards into a somersault and land on my feet.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- (on ground) hacer* volteretas, dar* vueltas (de) carnero (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) ; (from height) dar* un (salto) mortal she somersaulted across the room cruzó la habitación haciendo volteretas the car somersaulted over the edge of the cliff el coche se despeñó por el acantilado dando vueltas en el aire
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.