Translation of somersault in Spanish:
- (on ground)(from height) (salto (masculine) ) mortal (masculine)(of car) vuelta (feminine) de campanato perform/execute a somersaultrealizar/ejecutar un mortalto turn somersaultshacer volteretas
dar vueltas (de) carnero (Southern Cone)Example sentences
- With practice, the momentum created by the dolphin kick and hand movement initiating your somersault should allow you to land aggressively at the wall.
- Chen, who is now playing elder sister to many of her younger classmates, has already accustomed herself to the endless backward somersaults, handstands and horse vaults.
- My intention was this: to do a round-off on to a trampette then tuck backwards into a somersault and land on my feet.
- (on ground)hacer volteretas
dar vueltas (de) carnero (Southern Cone)(from height) dar un (salto) mortalshe somersaulted across the roomcruzó la habitación haciendo volteretasthe car somersaulted over the edge of the cliffel coche se despeñó por el acantilado dando vueltas en el aireExample sentences
- But that did not keep her from somersaulting to the top in the Soviet world of gymnastics.
- Yet the product that emerged, as the Russians soared and twisted and somersaulted, was one of grace and elegance and hard-to-imagine body control.
- Eye-witnesses reported seeing the car somersaulting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.