Translation of song in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (piece) sing/give us a song!to burst into song uncountable¡cántanos una canción!¡cántanos algo!the Song of Songs, the Song of Solomon (Bible)ponerse a cantarto buy/sell something for a song [colloquial]el Cantar de los Cantares, el Cantar de Salomón→ sing 2 1comprar/vender algo por una bicoca [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 uncountable (of bird) the song of the nightingale
el canto del ruiseñorExample sentences1.3
- Many households bought parlour pianos and needed music and songs to play and sing.
- You will be required to sing a short song of your choice and demonstrate your acting skills on the day.
- She would mention a word and I would have to sing an Elvis song with that word in it.
(digression) (American English) [colloquial]
- Males attract mates using song, iridescent plumage and dramatic display flights.
- Learn how to use field marks, habitat, behavior, and song to identify birds.
- The Winter Wren is a tiny woodland bird whose song is as elaborate as its plumage is drab.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.