- 1.1 c (piece) canción (f) sing/give us a song! ¡cántanos una canción!, ¡cántanos algo! to burst into song u ponerse* a cantar the Song of Songs, the Song of Solomon [Bib] el Cantar de los Cantares, el Cantar de Salomón to buy/sell sth for a song [colloquial/familiar] comprar/vender algo por una bicoca [familiar/colloquial] sing 2 1More example sentences1.2 u (of bird) canto (m) the song of the nightingale el canto del ruiseñor
More example sentences1.3 (digression) (AmE) [colloquial/familiar], vaguedad (f)
- Many households bought parlour pianos and needed music and songs to play and sing.
- You will be required to sing a short song of your choice and demonstrate your acting skills on the day.
- She would mention a word and I would have to sing an Elvis song with that word in it.
- Males attract mates using song, iridescent plumage and dramatic display flights.
- Learn how to use field marks, habitat, behavior, and song to identify birds.
- The Winter Wren is a tiny woodland bird whose song is as elaborate as its plumage is drab.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.