- 1.1 countable/numerable (piece) canción (feminine) sing/give us a song! ¡cántanos una canción!, ¡cántanos algo! to burst into song uncountable/no numerable ponerse* a cantar the Song of Songs, the Song of Solomon [Bible] el Cantar de los Cantares, el Cantar de Salomón to buy/sell sth for a song [colloquial/familiar] comprar/vender algo por una bicoca [colloquial/familiar] sing 2 1More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (of bird) canto (masculine) the song of the nightingale el canto del ruiseñor
More example sentences1.3 (digression) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], vaguedad (feminine)
- Many households bought parlour pianos and needed music and songs to play and sing.
- You will be required to sing a short song of your choice and demonstrate your acting skills on the day.
- She would mention a word and I would have to sing an Elvis song with that word in it.
- Males attract mates using song, iridescent plumage and dramatic display flights.
- Learn how to use field marks, habitat, behavior, and song to identify birds.
- The Winter Wren is a tiny woodland bird whose song is as elaborate as its plumage is drab.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.