Translation of song in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (piece) canción (feminine) sing/give us a song! ¡cántanos una canción!, ¡cántanos algo! to burst into song uncountable/no numerable ponerse* a cantar the Song of Songs, the Song of Solomon [Bible] el Cantar de los Cantares, el Cantar de Salomón to buy/sell sth for a song [colloquial/familiar] comprar/vender algo por una bicoca [colloquial/familiar] sing 2 1Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (of bird) canto (masculine) the song of the nightingale el canto del ruiseñor
Example sentences1.3 (digression) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], vaguedad (feminine)
- Many households bought parlour pianos and needed music and songs to play and sing.
- You will be required to sing a short song of your choice and demonstrate your acting skills on the day.
- She would mention a word and I would have to sing an Elvis song with that word in it.
- Males attract mates using song, iridescent plumage and dramatic display flights.
- Learn how to use field marks, habitat, behavior, and song to identify birds.
- The Winter Wren is a tiny woodland bird whose song is as elaborate as its plumage is drab.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas