Translation of song in Spanish:
- 1 countable (piece) sing/give us a song!¡cántanos una canción!to burst into song uncountable
¡cántanos algo!ponerse a cantarthe Song of Songs, the Song of Solomon (Bible)el Cantar de los Cantares, el Cantar de Salomónto buy/sell something for a song [colloquial]comprar/vender algo por una bicoca [colloquial]→ sing 2 1Example sentences
- Many households bought parlour pianos and needed music and songs to play and sing.
- You will be required to sing a short song of your choice and demonstrate your acting skills on the day.
- She would mention a word and I would have to sing an Elvis song with that word in it.
- 2 uncountable (of bird) the song of the nightingaleel canto del ruiseñorExample sentences
- Males attract mates using song, iridescent plumage and dramatic display flights.
- Learn how to use field marks, habitat, behavior, and song to identify birds.
- The Winter Wren is a tiny woodland bird whose song is as elaborate as its plumage is drab.
- 3(digression) (American English) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.