Translation of sordid in Spanish:
- 1.1 (base)(murder/motive/film)do you want all the sordid details? [colloquial]
sórdido¿te interesan los detalles escabrosos?Example sentences1.2 (squalid, dirty)
- Fortunately for him, he will not be contemplating his sad and sordid crime from the inside of a prison cell.
- Another motive, the sordid one, is the craving for gossip, particularly the naughty kind.
- The Dutroux case, which uncovered a sordid picture of judicial and political corruption, implicated the highest levels of Belgian society.
- After 18 months of complaining to various authorities and writing to the Craven Herald, the town hall entrance is still filthy and sordid.
- At present you spend your lives in sordid labour, your abode in filthy slums; your children hunger and your masters say your slavery must endure forever.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.