Translation of source in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (origin, supply) my only source of incomemi única fuente de ingresosthe source of infectionel foco de la infecciónto trace a problem to its sourceencontrar el origen or la raíz de un problematax will be deducted at sourcelos impuestos se descontarán directamente del sueldo(before noun) the source materials/documentslas fuentessource language 1.2 (of river)Example sentences
- We could follow the entire sweep of the river, from the lower meanders upwards to the source of the tiny stream high in the glaciated peaks of the cordillera.
- They have issued a five-point plan for managing rivers from source to estuary in an integrated and sustainable way.
- The terrace is watered by one of the sources of the River Jordan, a spring from a cool cave.
- 2 (providing information) 2.1 (person) police/government/reliable sourcesfuentes policiales/gubernamentales/fidedignas2.2 (text, document)Example sentences
- A new emphasis will be placed on using primary documents as the source for research and discussion.
- While researching a book, Barker goes straight to primary sources, favouring public records, diaries, letters.
- These estimates are based on a massive and meticulous use of primary and secondary sources that are well documented in the volume.
- Fish is a key source of omega 3 oils which have health benefits particularly for the heart.
- These products are obtained from fairly traded sources, where producers are paid a fair price that covers production costs and a basic living wage.
- Best results will be obtained when two protein sources are used in combination.
- Beaver, who says he was passed the information by reliable military sources, says the equipment simply did not arrive in time.
- It was also alleged that he had been asked to provide information from police sources by senior activists.
- I had no reason to doubt the accuracy of the story or the information provided by my sources.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.