- 1 1.1 (origin, supply) fuente (feminine) my only source of income mi única fuente de ingresos the source of infection el foco de la infección to trace a problem to its source encontrar* el origen or la raíz de un problema tax will be deducted at source los impuestos se descontarán directamente del sueldo (before noun/delante del nombre) the source materials/documents las fuentes source language lengua (feminine) de origen 1.2 (of river) nacimiento (masculine)More example sentences
- We could follow the entire sweep of the river, from the lower meanders upwards to the source of the tiny stream high in the glaciated peaks of the cordillera.
- They have issued a five-point plan for managing rivers from source to estuary in an integrated and sustainable way.
- The terrace is watered by one of the sources of the River Jordan, a spring from a cool cave.
- 2 (providing information) 2.1 (person) [journalese/lenguaje periodístico] fuente (feminine) police/government/reliable sources fuentes policiales/gubernamentales/fidedignas 2.2 (text, document) fuente (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- A new emphasis will be placed on using primary documents as the source for research and discussion.
- While researching a book, Barker goes straight to primary sources, favouring public records, diaries, letters.
- These estimates are based on a massive and meticulous use of primary and secondary sources that are well documented in the volume.
More example sentences
- Fish is a key source of omega 3 oils which have health benefits particularly for the heart.
- These products are obtained from fairly traded sources, where producers are paid a fair price that covers production costs and a basic living wage.
- Best results will be obtained when two protein sources are used in combination.
- Beaver, who says he was passed the information by reliable military sources, says the equipment simply did not arrive in time.
- It was also alleged that he had been asked to provide information from police sources by senior activists.
- I had no reason to doubt the accuracy of the story or the information provided by my sources.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.