Translation of south in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (point of the compass, direction) the south, the South it lies to the south of the cityestá al sur de la ciudadthe wind is blowing from o is in the southel viento sopla or viene del sur or del Surthe house faces the southla casa da or mira al sursouth by eastsur cuarta al sudeste or surestesouth-southeastsursudestesouth-southwestsursudoesteExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (region) the south, the South a town in the south of Texas
- However, they did not realise the container was going directly to the south of Ireland, a trip that would normally take 42 hours.
- She turned to the south, the direction from which the noise had come.
- Directly to the south is a covered loggia with an outdoor fireplace.
una ciudad del sur or en el sur de Texas
- For example, if the compass reads south as you face the office's front door, then the back part of the room is the north section, the left is east, and the right is west.
- The only point left on the compass to follow was south.
- It points to every direction on the compass: north, south, east and west.
- 2the South (in US history)el Sur
los estados sudistas
- al surthe house faces southla casa da or mira al surhe headed southse dirigió hacia el sursouth
ofsomethingal surit is south of New York dealgoestá al sur de Nueva Yorkdown souththey live down southviven en el surlet's go down southvayamos al surExample sentences
- The team however did themselves and their many supporters who made the long trek south proud and they lost nothing in defeat against a well honed local challenge.
- As I was driving south I saw a sign for Providence Canyon and eventually a sign for Kolomoki Mounds State Park.
- The plan had been to drive south all morning, stopping off at various orchards and demonstration fields along the way.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.