Translation of south in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (point of the compass, direction) sur (masculine) the south, the South el sur, el Sur it lies to the south of the city está al sur de la ciudad the wind is blowing from o is in the south el viento sopla or viene del sur or del Sur the house faces the south la casa da or mira al sur south by east sur cuarta al sudeste or sureste south-southeast sursudeste south-southwest sursudoesteExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (region) the south, the South el sur a town in the south of Texas una ciudad del sur or en el sur de Texas
- However, they did not realise the container was going directly to the south of Ireland, a trip that would normally take 42 hours.
- She turned to the south, the direction from which the noise had come.
- Directly to the south is a covered loggia with an outdoor fireplace.
- For example, if the compass reads south as you face the office's front door, then the back part of the room is the north section, the left is east, and the right is west.
- The only point left on the compass to follow was south.
- It points to every direction on the compass: north, south, east and west.
- 2the South (in US history) el Sur, los estados sudistas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the