- 1 1.1 (point of the compass, direction) sur (masculine) the south, the South el sur, el Sur it lies to the south of the city está al sur de la ciudad the wind is blowing from o is in the south el viento sopla or viene del sur or del Sur the house faces the south la casa da or mira al sur south by east sur cuarta al sudeste or sureste south-southeast sursudeste south-southwest sursudoesteMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (region) the south, the South el sur a town in the south of Texas una ciudad del sur or en el sur de Texas
- However, they did not realise the container was going directly to the south of Ireland, a trip that would normally take 42 hours.
- She turned to the south, the direction from which the noise had come.
- Directly to the south is a covered loggia with an outdoor fireplace.
- For example, if the compass reads south as you face the office's front door, then the back part of the room is the north section, the left is east, and the right is west.
- The only point left on the compass to follow was south.
- It points to every direction on the compass: north, south, east and west.
- 2the South (in US history) el Sur, los estados sudistas
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.
- al sur the house faces south la casa da or mira al sur he headed south se dirigió hacia el sur south
ofsth al sur dealgo it is south of New York está al sur de Nueva York down south they live down south viven en el sur let's go down south vayamos al surMore example sentences
- The team however did themselves and their many supporters who made the long trek south proud and they lost nothing in defeat against a well honed local challenge.
- As I was driving south I saw a sign for Providence Canyon and eventually a sign for Kolomoki Mounds State Park.
- The plan had been to drive south all morning, stopping off at various orchards and demonstration fields along the way.