Translation of southwest in Spanish:
- the southwest 1.1 (direction) el sudoeste or Sudoeste, el suroeste or SuroesteExample sentences1.2 (region) el sudoeste or suroeste
- Both courses are on a peninsula and as you look over the water, you can see Carnoustie to the north-west and Muirfield in North Berwick to the south-west.
- The great house they built may just be ridges in the field to the south-west of the church, but you feel you have met them, Sir Arthur Throckmorton, an Elizabethan squire, and his wife.
- A town of 3,600 people, Avaj is close to the top of a high pass through the rugged Nobaran mountains on the main road between Qazvin and Hamedan to the south-west.
- Bucking the trend, however, is Armagnac, France's lesser-known brandy from the Gascony region in the south-west.
- This orange-gold spirit, made from a blend of white grapes, hails from a small region in the south-west of France.
- The manufacture of chocolate in France was, historically, associated with the port of Bayonne in the south-west, although other towns now practise this.
- sudoeste (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable), suroeste (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable), del sudoeste or suroeste
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.