Translation of southwest in Spanish:
- the southwest 1.1 (direction) el sudoeste or Sudoeste, el suroeste or SuroesteExample sentences1.2 (region) el sudoeste or suroeste
- Both courses are on a peninsula and as you look over the water, you can see Carnoustie to the north-west and Muirfield in North Berwick to the south-west.
- The great house they built may just be ridges in the field to the south-west of the church, but you feel you have met them, Sir Arthur Throckmorton, an Elizabethan squire, and his wife.
- A town of 3,600 people, Avaj is close to the top of a high pass through the rugged Nobaran mountains on the main road between Qazvin and Hamedan to the south-west.
- Bucking the trend, however, is Armagnac, France's lesser-known brandy from the Gascony region in the south-west.
- This orange-gold spirit, made from a blend of white grapes, hails from a small region in the south-west of France.
- The manufacture of chocolate in France was, historically, associated with the port of Bayonne in the south-west, although other towns now practise this.
- sudoeste (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable), suroeste (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable), del sudoeste or suroeste
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas