Translation of southwest in Spanish:
- the southwest 1.1 (direction) el sudoeste or Sudoeste, el suroeste or SuroesteExample sentences1.2 (region) el sudoeste or suroeste
- Both courses are on a peninsula and as you look over the water, you can see Carnoustie to the north-west and Muirfield in North Berwick to the south-west.
- The great house they built may just be ridges in the field to the south-west of the church, but you feel you have met them, Sir Arthur Throckmorton, an Elizabethan squire, and his wife.
- A town of 3,600 people, Avaj is close to the top of a high pass through the rugged Nobaran mountains on the main road between Qazvin and Hamedan to the south-west.
- Bucking the trend, however, is Armagnac, France's lesser-known brandy from the Gascony region in the south-west.
- This orange-gold spirit, made from a blend of white grapes, hails from a small region in the south-west of France.
- The manufacture of chocolate in France was, historically, associated with the port of Bayonne in the south-west, although other towns now practise this.
- sudoeste (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable), suroeste (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable), del sudoeste or suroeste
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.