Translation of space in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (Physics) time and spacetiempo y espacioto stare into spacemirar al vacíohe sat staring into spaceestaba sentado mirando al vacío
estaba sentado con la mirada perdidaExample sentences1.2 (Aerospace) the conquest of space
(before noun) (station/program/vehicle)space helmet/suit
- Anything that exists within space is by definition finite, no matter how big it gets.
- In life, we exist in space and time: time moves forwards with cause and effect, and we physically move around with our bodies.
- Where these lines converge, there is a tunnel that opens up and moves through space and time into other dimensions.
espacialcasco (masculine) /traje (masculine) espacialspace exploration space industry uncountable space invaders (Games) space platform space science space scientistExample sentences
- Patrick talks to Dr Duncan Steel about the threat of objects in space colliding with Earth.
- For instance, consider the problem of launching a vehicle from Earth into space.
- The Aurora is able to fly from the atmosphere into space and then return to Earth.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (room) leave some space for dessertdeja un lugarcito para el postreto take up spaceocupar espacioadvertising spaceExample sentences2.2 countable (empty area) wide open spaces
amplios espacios abiertosin a confined spaceen un espacio restringidofill in the spaces with the answersescriba las respuestas en los espacios en blancois there a space for this in the case?¿cabe esto en la maleta?a parking space
- So he was driving around looking for a free car parking space.
- I think that at least part of the building - and its immediate area - should become a free public space.
- Allocating wardrobes to another area frees up more space in the bedroom itself, so there is room for larger beds.
¿hay lugar para esto en la maleta?un sitio or lugar para estacionar or (Spain) aparcarwatch this space for further developmentslos mantendremos informadoslet's clear a space for it firsthagámosle (un) sitio primero2.3 uncountable (for individual self-expression)Example sentences
- They need space and freedom to run their units and develop as independent leaders.
- He tried to play down his importance to the team, saying he is still young and needs space to develop.
- We don't give ourselves enough space and freedom to explore, to make mistakes, and to find out who we really are.
- 3 (of time) (no plural) within a short space of timeen un breve espacio de tiempoin the space of one hour
en un breve lapsoen el espacio or lapso de una horaExample sentences
- Supervisor Betty was proud of all they had achieved in the space of a year.
- This was all the more amazing when one considers the short space of time in which it was all organised.
- In the space of a few short months, he went from being master of a continent to a fugitive.
- 4 countable (Printing)Example sentences
- Note that the Greek New Testament was originally written without punctuation or spaces between words.
- Personally, I work on a computer first, then print out what I have written, leaving generous spaces for inevitable alterations.
- Counting only letters, and ignoring characters like spaces and commas and hyphens, you can see the proof in the definition.
- space the words/letters evenlyespacie las palabras/las letras uniformementeto be spaced out [colloquial]estar drogadoestar volado or colocado (Spain) [colloquial]estar hasta atrás (Mexico) [colloquial]Example sentences
- The distance points are spaced equally on either side of the vanishing point.
- But a key element of the new practices is an emphasis on spacing beds far enough apart to prevent the spread of infection.
- Tables on both floors are thankfully spaced widely apart so that you do not have to listen to the other tables' conversations.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.