- 1 u 1.1 [Phys] espacio (m) time and space tiempo y espacio to stare into space mirar al vacío he sat staring into space estaba sentado mirando al vacío, estaba sentado con la mirada perdidaMore example sentences1.2 [Aerosp] espacio (m) the conquest of space la conquista del espacio (before n) [station/program/vehicle] espacial space helmet/suit casco (m)/traje (m) espacial space exploration exploración (f) espacial space flight (journey) viaje (m) espacial (travel) viajes (mpl) espaciales; space industry u industria (f) espacial space invaders [Games] marcianitos (mpl) space platform plataforma (f) espacial, estación (f) espacial space science ciencia (f) espacial space scientist científico, -ca (m,f) espacial space shot lanzamiento (m) de un vehículo espacial space telescope telescopio (m) espacial
More example sentences
- Anything that exists within space is by definition finite, no matter how big it gets.
- In life, we exist in space and time: time moves forwards with cause and effect, and we physically move around with our bodies.
- Where these lines converge, there is a tunnel that opens up and moves through space and time into other dimensions.
- Patrick talks to Dr Duncan Steel about the threat of objects in space colliding with Earth.
- For instance, consider the problem of launching a vehicle from Earth into space.
- The Aurora is able to fly from the atmosphere into space and then return to Earth.
- 2 2.1 u (room) espacio (m), sitio (m), lugar (m) leave some space for dessert deja un lugarcito para el postre to take up space ocupar espacio advertising space espacio publicitario 2.2 c (empty area) espacio (m) wide open spaces amplios espacios abiertos in a confined space en un espacio restringido fill in the spaces with the answers escriba las respuestas en los espacios en blanco is there a space for this in the case? ¿cabe esto en la maleta?, ¿hay lugar para esto en la maleta? a parking space un sitio or lugar para estacionar or (Esp) aparcar watch this space for further developments los mantendremos informados let's clear a space for it first hagámosle (un) sitio primeroMore example sentences2.3 u (for individual self-expression) espacio (m) vital
More example sentences
- So he was driving around looking for a free car parking space.
- I think that at least part of the building - and its immediate area - should become a free public space.
- Allocating wardrobes to another area frees up more space in the bedroom itself, so there is room for larger beds.
- They need space and freedom to run their units and develop as independent leaders.
- He tried to play down his importance to the team, saying he is still young and needs space to develop.
- We don't give ourselves enough space and freedom to explore, to make mistakes, and to find out who we really are.
- 3 (of time) (no pl) espacio (m) within a short space of time en un breve espacio de tiempo, en un breve lapso in the space of one hour en el espacio or lapso de una horaMore example sentences
- Supervisor Betty was proud of all they had achieved in the space of a year.
- This was all the more amazing when one considers the short space of time in which it was all organised.
- In the space of a few short months, he went from being master of a continent to a fugitive.
- 4 c [Print] espacio (m) (before n) space bar espaciador (m)More example sentences
- Note that the Greek New Testament was originally written without punctuation or spaces between words.
- Personally, I work on a computer first, then print out what I have written, leaving generous spaces for inevitable alterations.
- Counting only letters, and ignoring characters like spaces and commas and hyphens, you can see the proof in the definition.
space (out)espaciar space the words/letters evenly espacie las palabras/las letras uniformemente to be spaced out [colloquial/familiar] estar* drogado, estar* volado or colocado (Esp) [familiar/colloquial], estar* hasta atrás (Méx) [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- The distance points are spaced equally on either side of the vanishing point.
- But a key element of the new practices is an emphasis on spacing beds far enough apart to prevent the spread of infection.
- Tables on both floors are thankfully spaced widely apart so that you do not have to listen to the other tables' conversations.