- [Nautical/Náutica] palo (masculine)More example sentences
- The spars - those are those huge, diagonal sticks hanging from the masts - are the frame for the sails.
- Although these canoes are covered with birchbark, this skin, like that of a kayak, is stretched over a framework of ribs and spars.
- Every point is held together by the spar that sticks up in the center.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-rr-)
- 1.1 (in boxing) entrenarseMore example sentences1.2 (argue) discutir
More example sentences
- Truly, though, Shen liked to spar in the training room.
- Later that evening she stood before her father, prepared to spar in the training hall.
- He's introduced on stage, where amidst the dancers he stands at the end of a row, sparring with a punching bag.
- By the numbers - doctors, province spar over figures