- 1 c [Naut] palo (m)More example sentences
- The spars - those are those huge, diagonal sticks hanging from the masts - are the frame for the sails.
- Although these canoes are covered with birchbark, this skin, like that of a kayak, is stretched over a framework of ribs and spars.
- Every point is held together by the spar that sticks up in the center.
- 2 u [Min] espato (m)
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.
- 1.1 (in boxing) entrenarseMore example sentences1.2 (argue) discutir
More example sentences
- Truly, though, Shen liked to spar in the training room.
- Later that evening she stood before her father, prepared to spar in the training hall.
- He's introduced on stage, where amidst the dancers he stands at the end of a row, sparring with a punching bag.
- By the numbers - doctors, province spar over figures