Translation of spark in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable (from fire, flint) it was the spark which rekindled my love for herfue la chispa que volvió a encender mi amor por ellato make sparks flyarmar una bronca [colloquial]sparks will fly when he finds outla que se va a armar cuando se entere [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 countable (Electricity) 1.3 (Cars)the spark
- Two stones rubbed themselves together and a spark lit and a fire was kindled on the wood piece.
- She shaded her eyes and crouched beside him, the fire crackling and sending sparks into the morning air.
- The Duke threw his piece of meat into the fire, causing sparks, and got up.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (liveliness) she's lost some of her sparkya no tiene la chispa or la gracia de antes2.2 countable (trace) if you had a spark of decency/intelligence about yousi tuvieras una pizca de decencia/inteligenciaExample sentences
- She squeezed lightly and I turned to face her, saw the compassion and grief and the tiny spark of hope burning in those icy blue eyes.
- That thought kindled a tiny spark of hope in Sorsha.
- No one in this film shows a spark of charismatic quality, much less any halfhearted attempts at believable characterization.
- The job just didn't provide me with the spark, excitement, and the security I needed.
- Nothing has a spark or spirit of contemporary Aphex Twin.
- What was the initial spark that got you interested in acting?
transitive verb (in British English also) spark off
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.