Translation of spark in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable (from fire, flint) it was the spark which rekindled my love for herfue la chispa que volvió a encender mi amor por ellato make sparks flyarmar una bronca [colloquial]sparks will fly when he finds outla que se va a armar cuando se entere [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 countable (Electricity) 1.3 (Cars)the spark
- Two stones rubbed themselves together and a spark lit and a fire was kindled on the wood piece.
- She shaded her eyes and crouched beside him, the fire crackling and sending sparks into the morning air.
- The Duke threw his piece of meat into the fire, causing sparks, and got up.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (liveliness) she's lost some of her sparkya no tiene la chispa or la gracia de antesExample sentences2.2 countable (trace) if you had a spark of decency/intelligence about you
si tuvieras una pizca de decencia/inteligenciaExample sentences
- The job just didn't provide me with the spark, excitement, and the security I needed.
- Nothing has a spark or spirit of contemporary Aphex Twin.
- What was the initial spark that got you interested in acting?
- She squeezed lightly and I turned to face her, saw the compassion and grief and the tiny spark of hope burning in those icy blue eyes.
- That thought kindled a tiny spark of hope in Sorsha.
- No one in this film shows a spark of charismatic quality, much less any halfhearted attempts at believable characterization.
transitive verb ( (British English) also), spark off
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.