- 1.1 [Sport/Deporte] sparring (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (in argument) antagonista (mf), contrincante (mf) they were old sparring partners eran viejos antagonistas
More example sentences
- Sergio still wasn't as much of a fighter as should would have hoped for in a sparring partner, but he did manage to make things more interesting with his jabs and jokes.
- Dennis Walker, her coach and trainer since she started, often tells her to use her greatest advantage - speed - instead of standing toe-to-toe with her sparring partners.
- Right now, it seems to me that you think of other people as sparring partners, partners in crime, or players in a game that you call ‘being honest.’
- Deedes is magnanimous to his old sparring partner, deemed by some accounts to be ‘a successful novelist but a failed newspaper reporter’.
- Their chemistry and timing is always spot-on, and they are completely convincing not only as verbal sparring partners but also as a married couple.
- If you're as cynical about marriage as I am, you're probably already aware how easily matrimonial bliss can deteriorate over time into a hideously spiteful and distrustful union of two diametrically opposed sparring partners.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.