Translation of spasmodic in Spanish:
- 1.1 [growth/activity] irregular, discontinuoExample sentences1.2 [Medicine/Medicina] [pain/jerks/cough] espasmódico
- The orchestra comes to life in spasmodic bursts.
- The band bring abrasive but melodic rock that comes complete with spasmodic on-stage performance.
- She gives a last little spasmodic lunge and then pulls away and takes a deep breath.
- Hiccups are the spasmodic, involuntary contraction of the diaphragm that is caused by irritation of the nerves that supply these muscles.
- In a letter to Emily Howland, Washington described Benson as ‘whimsical, spasmodic and rather superficial.’
- The oil is topically applied to relieve spasmodic pains.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know Mexico City has twenty daily newspapers? The morning daily Excelsior (www.excelsior.com.mx), established in 1917, is often considered the nation's best and one of the most important newspapers of the Spanish-speaking world. La Jornada is another important daily, and there is an English-language daily, The News.