- 1 (quarrel) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Almost immediately they run into a pointless spat with local tough guys that spirals into a violent feud.
- They're typical brothers, so they get into these little spats with each other sometimes, and they separate them.
- Soon after we met, Slater was in the papers again after his wife allegedly broke a glass over his head during a violent spat.
- 3also: spats plural(Clothing)polainas (feminine plural)Example sentences
- His father was dressed in a rubber macintosh, with thick domestic gloves, spats, and a trilby hat.
- Flustered, the blonde boy untied his spats, and took off one of his sock-shoes, sort of hopping around on one foot while doing so.
- You can also take off those spats and gauntlets.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.