Translation of spatter in Spanish:
- it exploded and spattered oil over usexplotó y nos salpicó de aceitea passing truck spattered mud onto my dressun camión que pasaba me salpicó el vestido de barroto spatter something/somebody
withsomethingsalpicar algo/a alguienthe wall was spattered with blood dealgola pared estaba salpicada de sangreExample sentences
- Various scorch marks and spattered blood let her know she had indeed missed something.
- Someone tossed a melon-rind at Adriana's feet; drops of cool slime spattered her ankles.
- He could feel the blood spattering his shoulder.
- 1.1 (stain)salpicadura (feminine)
manchita (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (small amount) (no plural) it's only a spatter of rain
son solo unas gotitas or chispasa spatter of applausealgunos aplausos aisladosExample sentences
- To control spatters and the residue of cooking fumes, the entire kitchen should be washed with a good degreaser at least once a week.
- She stood at the water's edge and felt a spatter hit her face.
- They're practical and help protect clothes against spatters and spills.
- A spatter of bullets told Hoffman of the attempted attack.
- Anyway, there was a spatter of water just pouring off this lip.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.