Translation of special in Spanish:
- 1 (exceptional) (before noun)(favor/treatment/request)a special offer
especialuna oferta especiala special priceun precio especial or de ocasiónI wear this dress only on special occasionsme pongo este vestido solo en ocasiones especialesExample sentences
- Grandad and I have special food, at different times from other people.
- It seemed different, more special then the rest.
- As he experimented with special lenses and different exposures and paper, his photography became increasingly art-inspired.
- This woman is exceptional, she's special, she's extraordinary and I have great respect for her.
- I have no special talents, except being able to sing.
- Once an implant has been installed it can't be uninstalled again except with special equipment.
- 2 (for specific purpose) (before noun)(arrangements/instructions/fund)special powers (Politics)
especialpoderes (masculine plural) extraordinariosa special dietuna dieta especiala special editionuna edición or un número especiala special feature (Journalism)un artículo or una nota especial(of product) una característica especialour special correspondentnuestro enviado especialExample sentences
- High-heel shoes are probably one of the most favorite designs women choose for their special occasions.
- General purpose home computers will gather dust as special purpose machines with cool designs and unbreakable software take over.
- Asparagus is normally cooked, preferably by steaming in the special tall utensil designed for the purpose.
- 3 (particular, individual) I have no special reason for askingno tengo ningún motivo en especial or en particular para preguntarmy special interest is medieval poetryme interesa especialmente or en especial or en particular la poesía medievaleach contestant is tested on his special subjectse examina a cada concursante en el tema de su especialidadchildren with special needs (School)niños que requieren una atención diferenciadahave you anybody special in mind?¿se te ocurre alguien en especial or en particular or en concreto?what are you doing tonight? — nothing special¿qué haces esta noche? — nada en especial or en particularExample sentences
- Yuliana belongs to a special caste in classical ballet - she is a character dancer.
- This title belongs under that extra special list of films that are so bad they're good.
- The special character of South Germany was expressed in the liberal subculture, which had lasting-power and prolonged success.
- 4 (better than ordinary) today is a very special day for me a very special friendun amigo muy queridoplease take special care of himte pido encarecidamente que lo atiendas muy bienshe's a very special persones una persona extraordinariahe makes me feel specialme hace sentir muy apreciadawhat's so special about Steve?¿qué tiene Steve de especial?
- 1 (train)tren (masculine) especialExample sentences
- During the late 1950s, several hour-long specials were also broadcast.
- It will air this Sunday night as a television special on ABC.
- The artist had created several animated commercials and specials for television.
- 5 5.1 (Cooking)plato (masculine) especialthe chef's specialespecialidad (feminine) del díaExample sentences5.2 (special offer) on special (US)
de or en ofertaExample sentences
- Restaurants run food specials for a number of reasons, sometimes because the chef found certain ingredients at a reduced price.
- The fine-dining restaurant specialises in Californian-influenced Italian cuisine including shrimp and lobster specials served to the sounds of a live jazz band.
- Delicious weekly specials augment a superb menu, with a robust selection of favorites from America's four corners.
- There are reduced rates and specials being offered within other sections of the market.
- They offer a handful of weekly specials but otherwise keep prices relatively high.
- Wellington is awash in curry houses, thus they tend to offer specials to entice you to eat there.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.