Translation of special in Spanish:
- 1.1 (exceptional) (before noun)(favor/treatment/request)a special offera special priceuna oferta especialI wear this dress only on special occasionsun precio especial or de ocasiónme pongo este vestido solo en ocasiones especialesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (for specific purpose) (before noun)
- Grandad and I have special food, at different times from other people.
- It seemed different, more special then the rest.
- As he experimented with special lenses and different exposures and paper, his photography became increasingly art-inspired.
(arrangements/instructions/fund)special powers (Politics)a special dietpoderes (masculine plural) extraordinariosa special editionuna dieta especiala special feature (Journalism)una edición or un número especialun artículo or una nota especial(of product)our special correspondentuna característica especialnuestro enviado especialExample sentences1.3 (particular, individual) I have no special reason for asking
- This woman is exceptional, she's special, she's extraordinary and I have great respect for her.
- I have no special talents, except being able to sing.
- Once an implant has been installed it can't be uninstalled again except with special equipment.
my special interest is medieval poetryno tengo ningún motivo en especial or en particular para preguntareach contestant is tested on his special subjectme interesa especialmente or en especial or en particular la poesía medievalchildren with special needs (Sch)se examina a cada concursante en el tema de su especialidadhave you anybody special in mind?niños que requieren una atención diferenciadawhat are you doing tonight? — nothing special¿se te ocurre alguien en especial or en particular or en concreto?¿qué haces esta noche? — nada en especial or en particularExample sentences1.4 (better than ordinary) See examples: today is a very special day for me a very special friend
- High-heel shoes are probably one of the most favorite designs women choose for their special occasions.
- General purpose home computers will gather dust as special purpose machines with cool designs and unbreakable software take over.
- Asparagus is normally cooked, preferably by steaming in the special tall utensil designed for the purpose.
please take special care of himun amigo muy queridoshe's a very special personte pido encarecidamente que lo atiendas muy bienhe makes me feel speciales una persona extraordinariawhat's so special about Steve?me hace sentir muy apreciada¿qué tiene Steve de especial?
- Yuliana belongs to a special caste in classical ballet - she is a character dancer.
- This title belongs under that extra special list of films that are so bad they're good.
- The special character of South Germany was expressed in the liberal subculture, which had lasting-power and prolonged success.
- 1 (train)tren (masculine) especialExample sentences
- During the late 1950s, several hour-long specials were also broadcast.
- It will air this Sunday night as a television special on ABC.
- The artist had created several animated commercials and specials for television.
- 5 5.1 (Cookery)the chef's specialplato (masculine) especial5.2 (special offer) on special (American English)especialidad (feminine) del díade or en ofertaExample sentences
- There are reduced rates and specials being offered within other sections of the market.
- They offer a handful of weekly specials but otherwise keep prices relatively high.
- Wellington is awash in curry houses, thus they tend to offer specials to entice you to eat there.
- Restaurants run food specials for a number of reasons, sometimes because the chef found certain ingredients at a reduced price.
- The fine-dining restaurant specialises in Californian-influenced Italian cuisine including shrimp and lobster specials served to the sounds of a live jazz band.
- Delicious weekly specials augment a superb menu, with a robust selection of favorites from America's four corners.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.