Translation of special in Spanish:
- 1.1 (exceptional) (before noun/delante del nombre) [favor/treatment/request] especial a special offer una oferta especial a special price un precio especial or de ocasión I wear this dress only on special occasions me pongo este vestido solo en ocasiones especialesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (for specific purpose) (before noun/delante del nombre) [arrangements/instructions/fund] especial special powers [Politics/Política] poderes (masculine plural) extraordinarios a special diet una dieta especial a special edition una edición or un número especial a special feature [Journalism/Periodismo] un artículo or una nota especial (of product) una característica especial our special correspondent nuestro enviado especial
- Grandad and I have special food, at different times from other people.
- It seemed different, more special then the rest.
- As he experimented with special lenses and different exposures and paper, his photography became increasingly art-inspired.
Example sentences1.3 (particular, individual) especial, particular I have no special reason for asking no tengo ningún motivo en especial or en particular para preguntar my special interest is medieval poetry me interesa especialmente or en especial or en particular la poesía medieval each contestant is tested on his special subject se examina a cada concursante en el tema de su especialidad children with special needs [Sch] niños que requieren una atención diferenciada have you anybody special in mind? ¿se te ocurre alguien en especial or en particular or en concreto? what are you doing tonight? — nothing special ¿qué haces esta noche? — nada en especial or en particular
- This woman is exceptional, she's special, she's extraordinary and I have great respect for her.
- I have no special talents, except being able to sing.
- Once an implant has been installed it can't be uninstalled again except with special equipment.
Example sentences1.4 (better than ordinary) today is a very special day for me hoy es un día muy especial para mí a very special friend un amigo muy querido please take special care of him te pido encarecidamente que lo atiendas muy bien she's a very special person es una persona extraordinaria he makes me feel special me hace sentir muy apreciada what's so special about Steve? ¿qué tiene Steve de especial?
- High-heel shoes are probably one of the most favorite designs women choose for their special occasions.
- General purpose home computers will gather dust as special purpose machines with cool designs and unbreakable software take over.
- Asparagus is normally cooked, preferably by steaming in the special tall utensil designed for the purpose.
- Yuliana belongs to a special caste in classical ballet - she is a character dancer.
- This title belongs under that extra special list of films that are so bad they're good.
- The special character of South Germany was expressed in the liberal subculture, which had lasting-power and prolonged success.
- 5 5.1 [Cookery/Cocina] plato (masculine) especial the chef's special especialidad (feminine) del día 5.2 (special offer) oferta (feminine) especial on special (American English/inglés norteamericano) de or en oferta
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a