Translation of specimen in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sample — of rock, plant, tissue) muestra (feminine), espécimen (masculine); (— of blood, urine) muestra (feminine); (— of work, handwriting) muestra (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) de muestra specimen copy ejemplar (masculine) de muestra specimen signature espécimen (masculine) de firmaExample sentences
- Another corner of the display showed zoological specimens, minerals and ores, and surgical instruments.
- Its displays cover millions of specimens, including fossils, meteorites, mammals, plants, minerals, and insects.
- Ray then spent thirteen years travelling around Britain and Europe collecting specimens and studying animals.
Example sentences1.2 (individual item, example) ejemplar (masculine), espécimen (masculine) the healthiest specimens are chosen for export se escogen los ejemplares or especímenes más sanos para la exportación 1.3 (person) [humorous/humorístico] espécimen (masculine) [humorous/humorístico] he's a strange specimen es un bicho raro [colloquial/familiar]
- The question in the specimen paper required the students to discuss the social criticism in The Big Sleep and other texts.
- Fill out a specimen ballot paper in your constituency.
- Are there any medical reasons why a specimen of blood cannot or should not be taken by a doctor?
- They will report on the foods they eat and give biological specimens for testing.
- Urine specimens had been obtained and tested by the nursing staff.
- She was born a perfect female specimen.
- She was the most perfect female specimen in the whole damn world.
- I've known most of the world's most perfect physical specimens over the course of the last 30 years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.