Translation of speckle in Spanish:
- the plumage is brown with black specklesmotita (feminine)pintita (feminine)el plumaje es marrón con motitas or pintitas negrasExample sentences
- Her purse jingled as she rummaged through it before removing a single handkerchief, rosy pink with white speckles, and dabbing her tweaked brow.
- The water was spreading over the floor, speckles of white sticking to the floor.
- The tiniest speckles of blood still littered the ground at his feet, hardly visible, but there all the same.
- (usually passive) it's gray speckled with greena speckled henes gris moteado de verdeuna gallina pinta or (River Plate area) batarazaExample sentences
- They are soft brown in colour and speckled like an egg.
- They mournfully gazed at the empty floor that was earlier that day full of brown eggs speckled with grey spots.
- It was a strange coloured little creature, speckled brown like tortoiseshell.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.